The Middle-Of-Nowhere General Store With Some Of The Best Cheeseburgers In Tennessee
Old-fashioned general stores are hard to find nowadays, especially with big-box supermarkets and all-inclusive shopping malls touting everything a shopper’s heart desires. Even better is a general store with burgers in Tennessee. In Millington, Tennessee, however, the Shelby Forest General Store managed to maintain a sense of old-school charm as society shifted more toward contemporary pleasures. If you find yourself on the west side of Tennessee then you may want to pop by this country store, one that oozes Volunteer State hospitality and serves up the best burgers in Tennessee. Let’s take a look at one of the best general stores in Tennessee.
Enjoy this overview of this wonderful general store:
What a great place to eat! Have you ever been to the Shelby Forest General Store in Tennessee? If you like this, check out several more of the best general stores in Tennessee.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Restaurants to Remember in Tennessee
What are the most unique restaurants in Tennessee?
The most unique restaurants in Tennessee include:
- The Catbird Seat. You’ll need reservations far in advance, and you won’t know what you’ll get as the menu is chef-curated for that evening.
- Hugh-Baby’s. This place quickly gained popularity for its delicious burgers and makes a version of the Depression-era slugburger.
- Elliston Place Soda Shop. This 50s diner is an old-fashioned soda fountain and burger joint that still makes its shakes by hand.
- Monell’s. This restaurant has family-style seating all around a big table with home cooking where everyone passes the dishes along to each other.
Discover a few more of the most unique restaurants in Tennessee.
What are the most iconic foods in Tennessee?
These are the most iconic foods in Tennessee:
- Hot Chicken. Nashville Hot Chicken is a Tennessee staple and some of the best can be found at Hattie B’s in Nashville
- Fried Pickles. Southern states love their fried foods, and fried pickles have become a local favorite, especially at Gus’s in Memphis.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes. These delectable treats can be found at the Pancake Pantry in Nashville.
- GooGoo Cluster. This sweet confection of chocolate-covered peanuts, caramel, and marshmallow nougat is beloved by locals and is found in downtown Nashville.
Learn more about these and a few more of the most iconic foods in Tennessee.
What are the best lakeside restaurants in Tennessee?
Some of the best lakeside restaurants in Tennessee are:
- Steve’s Landing Waterfront Grill. This restaurant in Soddy Daisy is a local favorite for fresh catfish and you’re welcome to arrive by car or boat.
- Tanasi Bar and Grill. Overlooking Tellico Lake in Loudon, this restaurant serves quality food at affordable prices with a view as good as the food.
- The Rudder. Located on Anchor High Marina in Hendersonville, this fun tiki-style restaurant and bar has whimsical food and a vast array of cocktails.
- Papa Turney’s BBQ. This casual barbecue spot serves hickory-smoked goodness on the shores of the J Percy Priest Reservoir.
There’s more to find out about the best lakeside restaurants in Tennessee.