The Most Remote Lake In Tennessee Is Also The Most Peaceful
There are plenty of remote areas in Tennessee’s expansive wilderness, mainly because the state government has done quite a bit of work preserving the beauty of the local wilderness. You will find a myriad of places to take a dip, to hike through the mountains, or to simply observe the beauty of the state’s local wildlife. Chilhowee Lake is located a solid 40 miles south of Knoxville, and it is perhaps one of the least-known and most remote places to enjoy an afternoon outside in Cosby, Tennessee. If you’re seeking a quiet region for a peaceful kayaking trip or hike, then this remote lake in Tennessee may be just what the doctor ordered.
Make sure you pack the necessary requirements for a safe day out in the sun and get ready to make some sweet memories on one of the best lakes in Tennessee! REI has great options for sunscreen, including Sun Bum, which we highly recommend.
If you like remote spots, then you should read about the remote Overmountain Victory Trail in Tennessee.
If you’re still in the mood for more outdoor adventures, take a look at this travel guide video to Chattanooga that includes some unbelievable waterfalls!:
More to Explore
lakes in tennessee
Where can we find other lakes in Tennessee?
- The Tims Ford Reservoir at Tims Ford State Park is considered one of the best bass fishing spots in the entire Southeast.
- Watts Bar Lake is known as a great spot to catch largemouth bass, spotted bass, and black crappie.
- Herb Parsons Lake is the spot for great fishing as well as for its hiking and cycling trails.
- Hidden Lake in Harpeth River State Park is the place for folks who really appreciate the woods and abundant wildlife that make the lake area their home.
Learn more about other beautiful lakes in Tennessee.
Where can we go to catch a sunrise in Tennessee?
- Roan Mountain is a fantastic place to go early and hike up near the top for an incredible sunrise overlooking the Appalachian Trail.
- Wooded Cades Cove in the Great Smokies offers spectacular sunrises as they come up and over the trees.
- Pooles Knob in La Vergne has a lake and the sunrise colors bouncing off the water are nothing short of spectacular.
- Long Hunter State Park is another place where the beautiful Tennessee sunrise colors bounce off the water.
Learn more about other places where you can catch a sunrise in Tennessee.
Where can we find state parks in Tennessee?
- Fall Creek Falls State Park in Spencer has some really beautiful lakefront cabins for rent.
- Paris Landing State Park in Buchanan sits on the banks of Kentucky Lake and is home to a wide array of wildlife.
- Natchez Trace State Park in Wildersville has a beautiful lake as well as a beach area for sunbathing and swimming.
- Reelfoot Lake State Park in Tiptonville has a lake by the same name which is the only naturally-occurring lake in the state of Tennessee.
Learn more about other state parks in Tennessee.