South Dakota December 04, 2016
10 Reasons Why Living in South Dakota Is The Best – And Everyone Should Move Here
It’s true that South Dakotans have a lot to take pride in. We boast a culture of honest, decent folks, we maintain a low cost of living, and we offer our residents a high quality of life with numerous opportunities. We may be one of the least populated states, but those living in other areas are truly missing out on some amazing perks. Here are 11 reasons why living in South Dakota is the best.
1. We have a short commute time.
According to a study conducted by U.S. Dept. of energy we are ranked #1.
Most people in our state have relatively short commutes, which is a major plus.
2. We maintain a booming business environment.
Actually, according to CNN Money, we’re ranked number 1 among the states.
3. You can rest assured that your property is safe.
The average property crime rate is well below the national average. According to movoto.com, we are ranked number one with 1,856 crimes per 100,000 people.
4. You get to experience all four seasons in our state.
This is truly a fantastic perk of living in South Dakota. Christmastime is always more magical with snow.
5. We have a thriving job market.
According to WalletHub.com, we are voted #4 for the best job market in the country. You rest assured that we have numerous job opportunities for you!
6. In our state there is no inheritance tax, income tax, or personal property tax.
Pretty great, huh?
7. We boast an overall cost of living that is below the national average.
We are ranked #3 according to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis 2015. Residents can enjoy affordable housing and a higher quality of life.
8. We get to marvel at gorgeous sunsets virtually every evening.
Even if you live in the city, you don’t have to drive far to find an open space that gives you view of the spectacular sky.
9. We ranked top 10 in the nation for overall wellbeing and happiness, according to Wallethub.com.
Satisfaction and happiness rely on many factors including emotional wellbeing and job satisfaction. For more information click
10. South Dakotans are among some of the friendliest people in the country.
When you tour our state or choose to make it your new home, most of us will welcome you with a warm, friendly smile. It’s just our nature.
11. Our state is an outdoor junkie’s paradise.
Our state boasts Badlands National Park, Mount Rushmore, The Black Hills, and natural beauty at every glance. There is so much to explore and so many adventures just waiting to be had.
I’m truly proud to call myself a South Dakotan. What are some of your favorite South Dakota perks?