South Dakota February 25, 2017
South Dakotans Are The Best At These 12 Things, Hands Down
South Dakotans are a breed apart. You won’t find better folks anywhere, and we are particularly good at these 12 things.
1. We're the best at rodeo. Hands down (and one in the air, when appropriate).
You'll find rodeos all over the state, and talented South Dakotan cowboys doing what they do best.
2. We're always prepared.
South Dakotans know that the weather can change in a heartbeat, so we've always got the supplies we need for survival.
3. South Dakotans are the best at self-sufficiency.
We grow our own food, and we produce some seriously tasty...produce.
4. We're excellent hunters, too.
South Dakota is the best state in the country. Pheasant, anyone?
5. South Dakotans are the hardest workers in the country.
We know how to put in a good day's work.
6. We're the best at creating amazing monuments.
We're famous for Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse memorial. Where else can you find such monuments carved into rock?
7. There's nowhere better than South Dakota for motorcycle rallies.
We have Sturgis, which means that we're the best at motorcycle rallies, hands down.
8. South Dakotans make the best tater tot hotdish.
We dare you to try anyone else's tater tot hotdish and compare.
9. We're great at gambling.
We can play blackjack with the best of 'em.
10. We've got winter aced.
A little bit of snow and cold weather doesn't even faze us. 30 below zero? Bring it on!
11. We're excellent at taking pleasure in the simple things.
South Dakotans know how to entertain ourselves. We know how to bask in the beauty of nature.
12. South Dakotans are the nicest people you'll ever meet.
No matter where in the state you live, you'll find friendly neighbors who are always willing to help each other out.
What else are South Dakotans good at?
If you’re wondering if South Dakota is where you belong, take a look at