This Rustic Mountain Restaurant In South Carolina Is Worth The Trip From Any Corner Of The State
Foodie road trips come in a variety of delicious adventures. But one thing they all certainly have in common is the thrill of exploring new places as well as new places to eat. Mountain House Restaurant is one of the best Cleveland, South Carolina restaurants. It has all the makings of a fun experience that includes a winding trek up a scenic mountain, flavorful lunch choices, and a visit to a state park, which is just steps from the restaurant. The top offers some of the most incredible sweeping mountain views of the Blue Ridge Escarpment. There’s nothing I appreciate more than the combination of great food and amazing views!
The rustic Mountain House restaurant is a great place to enjoy both views and great food! The hours for Mountain House Restaurant vary so it’s best to check out the Mountain House at Ceasars Head website for current information. You can also follow the Mountain House on Facebook for more photos and to see specials. You can reach it on 864-689-1061.
A visit to one of the best restaurants in South Carolina isn’t the only reason to make your way to the area. Cleveland is actually one of the most eccentric and fun spots in the state and we recommend making your visit a long weekend. To help you make the most of it, consider a vacation rental to feel a bit more like a local.
More to Explore
Cleveland South Carolina Restaurants
Are there any waterfront restaurants in South Carolina?
There are quite a few fantastic waterfront restaurants in South Carolina. A few great options include:
- Briny Swine, Edisto Island: The only smokehouse and BBQ joint on Edisto Island also offers some of the most incredible views in the state.
- Panini’s on the Waterfront, Beaufort: This beauty sits in the historic downtown of Beaufort and offers great food as well as a relaxing breeze.
- The Kingstide, Daniel Island, Charleston: This two-story waterfront restaurant offers both an upstairs bar and a deck. They also have great food and some of the best cocktails around.
For more waterfront breezes, consider staying overnight at a cabin right on the water.
What are the best hidden gem restaurants in South Carolina?
The best hidden gem restaurants in South Carolina can be found in all corners of the state. You just need to know where to look. Here are a few spots to try:
- Farm, Bluffton: This spot has a cozy, rustic feel and offers food inspired by countries around the world.
- Driftwoods Seafood & Steak Restaurant, Murrells Inlet: The little spot is located in a strip mall, but don't let that stop you from trying it. The food is fantastic and it's truly an undiscovered hot spot.
- BBQ Hut, Cleveland: This little spot is on the way to the Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area, making it the perfect stop to fuel you for big adventures.