The Clearest Lake In South Carolina Is Almost Too Beautiful To Be Real
Wondering about some of the clearest lakes in South Carolina? For more than 45 years, South Carolina’s man-made reservoir known as Lake Jocassee has served to inspire awe in all of those who see it. Most people who have experienced Lake Jocassee in person agree the gorgeous lake is an unspoiled paradise. Learn more about one of the most beautiful lakes in South Carolina:
Discover more about Lake Jocassee.
What do you think is the clearest lake in South Carolina? What are your favorite lakes in South Carolina? Tell us in the comments!
Looking for more swimming spots? Check out these South Carolina beaches.
More to Explore
The Best of South Carolina
What are the best hikes in South Carolina?
Explore the beauty of the Palmetto State by heading out on some of the best hikes in South Carolina:
- Raven Cliff Falls and Dismal Trail Loop: You’ll find this nine-mile loop trail within Cleveland’s 7,467-acre Caesar’s Head State Park. While the star of this hike is the 420-foot Raven Cliff Falls, you’ll also come across unique rock formations, a suspension bridge, ample scenic views, and a few other waterfalls.
- Boardwalk Loop Trail: Head to Congaree National Park in Richland County to get to this 2.6-mile trail. The boardwalk is six feet above the ground so that you can walk through the old-growth bottomland hardwood forest without disturbing the ecosystem. As you journey along, keep your eyes out for some truly amazing wildlife, like turtles, alligators, woodpeckers, and more.
What are the most unique towns in South Carolina?
After you've played at some lakes in South Carolina, get to know the state more by visiting some of the most unique towns in South Carolina:
- Cope: Located in Orangeburg County, this town has a population of less than 100. But that certainly doesn’t mean that there isn’t much to do. Take in some history at the 1894 Manchester and Augusta Railroad, admire the murals on buildings or the picturesque churches, or make up your own tour of the town.
- Landrum: Located in Spartanburg County, here you’ll find an assortment of quaint places to eat and shop. It’s also very close to the 1,886-acre Chestnut Ridge Heritage Preserve where you can go hiking. And check out the 1909 Campbell’s Covered Bridge, the only remaining one in the state.
What are the most beautiful lakes in South Carolina?
You've learned about the clearest lake in South Carolina. Now, let's explore some of the most beautiful lakes in South Carolina:
- Lake Murray: Located in Central South Carolina, this 50,000-acre lake boasts 650 miles of shoreline, all just waiting to be explored. Boating, water skiing, scuba diving, fishing, and swimming are among the most popular activities here. Or hike, bike, or birdwatch at its shores.
- Lake Russell: This 26,650-acre manmade lake and its 500 miles of shoreline can be found along the Georgia-South Carolina state line. Enjoy boating, fishing, and swimming on the water or camping, wildlife watching, hiking, and much more via the 12 access points to the lake within the state.