A Small Town In Rhode Island Is The Star Of A Hallmark Channel Christmas Movie
For many of us, it simply wouldn’t be the holiday season without a Hallmark movie marathon. There’s something about those heartwarming plots and wholesome content that puts us right in the Christmas spirit. Rhode Island has been the setting for several of these feel-good flicks. Most notably, a rather gut-wrenching film called “November Christmas,” a classic Hallmark Christmas movie in Rhode Island, was made in the state.
November Christmas was released more than a decade ago, but you can still catch it on the Hallmark Channel now and then. And we highly recommend that you do.
It’s that time of year! Time for Christmas movies and cuddling on the couch with our loved ones as we watch something like “November Christmas.” Take a look at these cuddly throw blankets on the Bed, Bath, and Beyond website.
More to Explore
Films And Celebrities In Rhode Island
What other movies or TV shows were filmed in Rhode Island?
Plenty of movies and TV shows have had scenes filmed in Rhode Island. Here are a few:
- “Dumb and Dumber,” (Directed by the Farrelly Brothers who were raised in Rhode Island. I actually had the chance to meet them at a film premiere in the state!)
- “There’s Something About Mary” (Farrelly Brothers)
- “Me, Myself, and Irene,” (also by the Farrelly Brothers)
- “Moonrise Kingdom,” (Wes Anderson)
- “The Age of Innocence,” (Martin Scorcese)
- “True Lies,” (James Cameron)
- “Amistad,” (Steven Spielberg)
- “Dan in Real Life,” (Anne Fletcher)
- “27 Dresses,” (Anne Fletcher)
- “The Education of Charlie Banks,” (Fred Durst)
- “Meet Joe Black,” (Martin Brest)
- “The Proposal,” (Anne Fletcher)
- “Lolita,” (Stanley Kubrick)
- “Hall Pass,” (Farrelly Brothers)
Rhode Island is an incredibly scenic place to film. Check out the Rhode Island Film & Television Office website for more information.
What famous celebrities grew up or lived in Rhode Island?
The following are some notable celebrities who either grew up or lived in Rhode Island at some point:
- Debra Messing
- Viola Davis
- Peter Farrelly
- Bobby Farrelly
- James Woods
- H.P. Lovecraft
- Meredith Vieira
- Charlie Day
- Richard Jenkins
- Mena Suvari
- DJ Pauly D
As you can see, there are plenty of celebrities, including authors and actors, who either grew up in Rhode Island or lived here for a time. The most famous of these is Viola Davis, an extraordinary award-winning actress.