6 Incredible Day Trips You Can Take From Portland By Train
Are you feeling restless and looking for something interesting to do? Well, here is the cure. Head to Union Station and hop on the Amtrak for one of these exciting day trips from Portland, Oregon. Bring a deck of cards, a good book, or some headphones for music, and get ready to enjoy an incredible amount of beauty, intrigue, and history at these fun destinations. So without further ado, here is our list of the best day trips that you can take by train!
Would you agree that these are some of the best day trips in Oregon? Did you know Rose City was so close to all these lovely destinations? Have you ever taken any of these day trip options? If so, which ones were your favorites? What are your picks for the best day trips in Portland? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
For more amazing adventures in and around Portland, Oregon, check out these 10 day trips.
If you’re still in the mood for more Beaver State adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
Best day trips in Portland
What are some fun hikes near Portland?
- Governor Tom McCall Waterfront Park at one time was featured on Fodor’s list of the "15 Best River Walks in the United States."
- The Wildwood Trail winds through Macleay Park and eventually leads to the Witch’s Castle ruins.
- Kelly Point Park features a trail that meanders through both beach and wooded areas and offers views of the convergence of the Willamette and Columbia Rivers.
Read on to learn about some other fun hikes near Portland.
What are some beautiful day trips near Portland?
- Silver Falls State Park is a popular hiking destination, offering scenic views, a wide array of flora and fauna, and a beautiful waterfall.
- Sauvie Island is one of the largest river islands in the country and offers a lot of u-pick produce options when items are in season.
- The Columbia River Gorge is the largest natural scenic area in the United States and is hailed as "The Crown Jewel of the Pacific Northwest."
Read on to learn about some of the many other amazing day trips near Portland.
Where can we enjoy scenic views near Portland?
- Cathedral Park offers spectacular vistas of the surrounding forestry areas, particularly from directly under the St. John’s Bridge here.
- Tabor Park is the site of a 636-foot-high dormant volcano and is designated as a Portland Historic Landmark.
- Washington Park not only offers spectacular views from along its 400-acre expanse but is also home to several of the city’s popular attractions.
Read on to learn about some of the many other picturesque places to enjoy scenic views near Portland.