Oklahoma April 02, 2016
12 Surefire Ways To Always Spot A Tourist In Oklahoma
Most people don’t think of Oklahoma as a popular tourism state, however domestic travelers directly spend over $7 billion in Oklahoma every year on tourism. So how do you spot one of these tourists venturing into our Sooner State? Take a look at a few surefire ways to always spot one:
1. They are genuinely surprised when they find out Oklahoma is not all flat.
Oklahoma has over 10 land regions and four different mountains, giving us a very diverse topography.
2. They spell Quiktrip...Quicktrip.
No "c" in our beloved Quiktrip.
3. They are surprised just how windy it gets.
After visiting, they are blown away:)
4. They dress like this.
Instead of this.
Oklahomans love their cowboy boots.
5. They aren't sporting any Oklahoma pride.
From license plates to dog apparel to house flags, Oklahomans show their pride.
6. They run to a tornado shelter when there is a tornado WATCH.
They don't know the difference between a tornado watch and a tornado warning.
7. They don't say y'all.
You'll hear them say, "hey guys" or "hey you."
8. Waving and smiling is weird to them.
Southern charm throws them a curve ball.
9. They buy alcohol at the grocery store instead of the liquor store.
Any beverage containing more than 4% alcohol by volume, that is, most liquors, wines, and typical beer, may only be sold in licensed liquor stores at room temperature.
10. They don't realize tea means sweet tea.
You have to specify if you want unsweetened tea in the Sooner State.
11. They say Mi-am-e, instead of Mi-am-uh.
We are not Florida.
12. And last but not least, they don't know how to relax and enjoy life the Oklahoma way!
We know how to relax and have a good time.
What are some other surefire ways to spot a tourist in the Sooner State?