The Small Town In Oklahoma You'll Want To Visit Before It Becomes Too Popular
The town of Tishomingo, Oklahoma has always been a beloved town for Sooner State residents, including country music superstar, Blake Shelton. In fact, Shelton loves it so much that he decided to open a restaurant in the town. But that’s not all this charming town has going for it. It’s actually one of the best places for a day trip in Oklahoma. Keep reading and you’ll see all the amazing things to do in Tishomingo, Oklahoma and why this town is quickly becoming a destination city.
Tishomingo is a hidden gem filled with treasures, delicious food, and great shopping. Plan your visit before this place becomes too popular, which shouldn’t be too long.
So, what did you think? Did you know about all the fun things to do in Tishomingo, Oklahoma? Ever been to the charming town? If so, what’d you think? Know of any other towns as delightful at Tishomingo, Oklahoma? Whatever you have to say, we want to hear it, so share your thoughts with us!
If you would like more information on Ole Red Tishomingo, check out our full article on the hidden gem in Oklahoma, where we highlight the fabulous restaurant and all it has to offer. And make sure to check out the video below to see what Blake had to say about the eatery.
More to Explore
Things To Do In Tishomingo, Oklahoma
Aside from Tishomingo, Oklahoma, what are some other small towns in Oklahoma worth visiting?
There are lots of great towns in Oklahoma. Here are some of the best small towns in Oklahoma:
- Medicine Park – A small town with a lot to offer, Medicine Park is a vintage cobblestone resort town nestled in the Wichita Mountains in southwestern Oklahoma.
- Guthrie– Guthrie is a rare community that offers the best qualities of small town rural Oklahoma living along with the culture, history, and economic growth most often found in much larger cities.
- Eufaula - Nestled on the shores of Lake Eufaula (Oklahoma's largest, most tranquil lake), the city's 20-block downtown, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is made for walking and shopping unique antiques.
What are some of the best places for day trips in Oklahoma?
In addition to Tishomingo, Oklahoma, there are plenty of other great day trip destinations in Oklahoma. Here are just a few day trips in Oklahoma that are sure to please:
- Heartland Flyer Train Ride - Oklahoma’s Amtrak train is the Heartland Flyer and takes passengers from Oklahoma City to Fort Worth, Texas, with multiple stops along the way.
- Broken Bow Lake - How about a day trip to a beautiful lake? Check out Broken Bow Lake nestled in the Ouachita Mountains, near the borders of Texas and Arkansas.
- Martin Park Nature Center - Looking for an outdoor park in Oklahoma where you can enjoy the beauty of nature? From guided hikes to an interactive learning center, Martin Park Nature Center in Oklahoma City is an incredible nature hub right in the middle of suburban OKC.