11 Reasons Why People In Oklahoma Should Be Proud Of Their State
Oklahomans have many reasons to be proud of the Sooner state. Although its fun to jest about being an Okie, at the end of the day we are proud of our state and the people who live in it. While this list only scratches the surface, here are a few times we were proud of Oklahoma:
1. When the Oklahoma Sooners won 7 NCAA National Football Championships.
2. Anytime our traffic looks like this.
3. When we hear our country music stars on the radio or performing live.
4. Whenever we help each other out...especially after disasters.
5. Anytime our OKC Thunder defeat their opponents.
6. When we hear an "Okie From Muskogee."
7. When Shannon Miller won her medals, including the gold, in the Olympics.
8. Anytime a tornado warning is issued because the 1st one started in Oklahoma at Tinker Air Force Base.
9. When Oklahoma State University won the NCAA D1 National Wrestling Title...34 times.
10. When we use a shopping cart because you know an Oklahoman invented it.
11. And voicemail...thanks to Tulsa-born Gordon Matthews.
There are many more reasons why Oklahoma makes us proud…what comes to mind for you?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.