Oklahoma January 08, 2017
14 Things Every Oklahoman Wants The Rest Of The Country To Know
Hey, America! We know you think of us as just a fly-over state filled with rednecks and cowboys, but we’ve got a few things we would like the rest of y’all to know about us and our state. Here are 14 things that just might surprise you:
1. The musical Oklahoma! and Oklahoma are very different.
It's amazing how many people still stereotype Oklahomans like the musical.
2. Our weather is much crazier than you ever imagined.
(laughing out loud!) Just come visit us in the spring.
3. We have more diverse topography than almost any other state in the country.
We are only one of four states that has more than 10 ecoregions.
4. We have a surplus of natural beauty.
We like to keep it hidden to keep y'all out of our beloved state.
5. We don't have predictable weather.
One word of advice: dress in layers.
6. Our winters are all about keeping warm, being lazy and waiting for better weather.
This picture pretty much sums up winter here in the Sooner State.
7. Our springs are all about tornadoes.
That's plural, not singular...as in LOTS of tornadoes.
8. Our summers are all about lake life.
It's the beach minus the waves, sharks, sand and salt water.
9. Our falls are all about college football.
And we are hardcore, fanatic fans.
10. We have the best sunrises and sunsets.
Don't say we didn't warn you.
11. We will boo you out of the state if you wear Texas Longhorn apparel.
We're friendly, but not that friendly.
12. Oklahoma City and Tulsa are definitely different cities.
We both think we're better than each other...we'll let you be the judge:)
13. For the last time, you can't be a fan of both OU and OSU.
You have to pick a side or you won't survive.
14. Stop making fun of us because we're some of the friendliest, kind-hearted, down-to-earth people you'll ever meet.
But don't mistake that for being weak...we're fighters and tough as nails in this part of the country.
Who loves living in our beloved Oklahoma? I do! You may not realize it but living in Oklahoma has its advantages. If you need some convincing, read this article:
Here’s 13 Ways Living In Oklahoma Ruins You For Life.