The Stunning Oklahoma Drive That Is One Of The Best Road Trips You Can Take In America
Oklahoma usually isn’t a state that comes to mind when you think about stunning road trips, but don’t judge too quickly. The Talimena National Scenic Byway in Oklahoma is a jaw-dropping drive that will take you along epic scenery with majestic views of the surrounding topography. You’ll traverse through mountains you never knew existed in this underrated state and it’s a stunning drive you’ll never forget.
If you’re interested in learning more about the drive, including a map you can download, visit the official website of the Talimena National Scenic Byway.
Have you ever traversed along this beautiful Oklahoma byway? If so, what was your favorite part? Would you agree that it is among the most scenic drives in Oklahoma? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
Curious what this drive looks like in the dead of winter? if so, check out this previous article filled with snowy drive pictures.
If you’re still in the mood for more Oklahoma adventures, take a look at this video:
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
More to love about Oklahoma
Where can we find other haunted attractions in Oklahoma?
- The Bird Creek School in Pawhuska is a former one-room schoolhouse for Native American children built in the early 1900s that is said to have some spooky activities happening with visitors.
- The Skirvin Hotel in Oklahoma City is a historic hotel believed to be haunted by a ghost named Effie, who was a maid at the hotel.
- The Cherokee Strip Museum in Alva is a former hospital that people believe is haunted by the spirits of patients who died here back in the day.
Read on to learn about some of the many other haunted attractions in Oklahoma.
Where can we find the best steakhouses in Oklahoma?
- The Boulevard Steakhouse in Edmond is an area known for its amazing USDA Prime steaks.
- Click's Steakhouse in Pawnee has been around since 1962 and serves up a wide array of options from steaks to prime rib, seafood, and more.
- Costello's Continental Cuisine in Enid not only has excellent steaks but also a great wine selection.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other delicious steakhouses in Oklahoma.
Where can we find farmers' markets in Oklahoma?
- The Tulsa Farmers’ Market in Tulsa encompasses both a weekly Saturday Farmers' Market and a Second Sunday Arts & Eats Market.
- The Bartlesville Farmers Market in Bartlesville offers fresh, locally-produced vegetables, fruits, homemade baked goods, and a great deal more.
- The Muskogee Farmers Market in Muskogee is one of Oklahoma's premier markets and draws folks from all over the area.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other popular farmers' markets in Oklahoma.