Ohio September 22, 2017
14 Totally True Stereotypes Ohioans Should Just Accept As Fact
There are some things you just can’t deny.
Here in Ohio, we’re known for our irrational hatred of the state that shall not be named, buckeye-crazed love and spelling our state name with our hands—and for good reason. The following are 14 totally true stereotypes Ohioans school just accept as fact. See how many you agree with:
1. We do, in fact, bleed scarlet and gray.
What can we say? We come out of the womb this way.
2. And yes, we most certainly hate that state up north.
We aren't exaggerating about that. Not in the least.
3. We likely do have accents. (And yes, we will always deny it.)
We're simply not capable of admitting it.
4. We really do take pictures like this everywhere we go.
It doesn't matter where we are. We want the world to know where we're from.
5. We really do love our farms—even if we didn't all grow up on one.
If you lived here, you'd love them too. There's just nothing quite like an Ohio farm. <3
6. And many of us do, in fact, live next to (or near) a corn field.
Corn, corn, corn. As far as the eye can see.
7. We actually are kind of crazy drivers.
I mean, we never really claimed to be friendly drivers.
8. And we really don't know when/if we can finish our street construction.
Here in Ohio, there likely are more orange barrels than people at any given time.
9. We really are drama queens about winter...
Let's face it. There are other states that have it WAY worse than us.
10. ...and about Ohio weather in general.
Honestly, when was the last time you experienced 80 degrees and snow within the same day?
11. We really are pretty boring when it comes to food.
Name one iconic dish Ohioans are known for creating.
12. Northern Ohioans and Southern Ohioans really are two completely different types of people.
Even our non-existent accents are different.
13. We really do make fun of our own state. Relentlessly.
It's complicated. <3
14. Our pride is, in fact, bigger than our heads.
It's an Ohio-grown thing. <3
What else would you add to this list? Let us know!
For more Ohioan quirks, check out our previous article:
12 Extremely Weird Things Only People From Ohio Do.