Experience Holiday Magic From The 1800s At Christmas Candlelighting In Ohio’s Historic Roscoe Village
If you’re like most Ohioans, Christmastime makes you nostalgic. That’s why an old-fashioned Christmas celebration in towns such as Cambridge and Roscoe Village might be just what you need this holiday season.
Close to some of the most scenic parts of Ohio Amish Country, you’ll find a historic village that’s a true Ohio gem. Roscoe Village in Coshocton, Ohio is a charming canal town Ohio history buffs will absolutely love. Complete with horse-drawn canal boat rides, living history tours and old-fashioned shops, this is one town everyone in Ohio needs to explore at least once. During the holiday season, the historic homes and shops come alive with a special kind of Christmas cheer. The Roscoe Village Christmas festival is a one-of-a-kind holiday event that celebrates Ohio Christmases past and present.
Have you ever been to the Roscoe Village Christmas Candlelighting before? If so, we want to know what your experience was like!
For more festive fun in Ohio this holiday season, check out our previous articles: Here Are The 10 Most Enchanting, Magical Christmas Towns In Ohio and 8 Drive-Thru Christmas Lights Displays In Ohio The Whole Family Can Enjoy.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Christmas Village in Ohio
Is Roscoe Village the only Christmas village in Ohio?
Goodness, no! Ohio comes alive during the holiday season, with both our big cities and small towns showing up in a dazzling way. In addition to the Christmas festivities at Roscoe Village, definitely check out the following Christmas towns in Ohio:
- Milford. Charming shops line the sidewalks of Historic Old Milford, a delightful locale on the Little Miami River in Southwest Ohio. Carriage rides and carolers create the most wonderful ambiance, while tons of local businesses and galleries are sure to have everything for those on your Nice List!
Dickens Victorian Village in Cambridge is a must-see. Similar to the old-fashioned fun at Roscoe Village, you'll take a trip back in time when you explore the historic downtown of Cambridge. Until early January, the town is transformed into old world England, featuring more than 80 scenes of 180 lifelike figures representing typical scenes from Victorian society and Dickens' novels, making this one of the best Christmas towns in Ohio.
- Lebanon. The Lebanon Horse Drawn Carriage Parade & Christmas Festival is one of the top must-visit holiday events in Ohio, but if you miss the legendary parade, don't fret! The LM&M Railroad has themed excursions throughout the holiday season, and there are tons of local shops where you'll find all sorts of delightful gifts... all while shopping local in Ohio!
- Steubenville. The Steubenville Nutcracker Village features the largest display of life size nutcrackers in the U.S., Christmas lights, vendors, caroling and more at the at the Fort Steuben Park.
- Clifton Mill. The Legendary Lights of Clifton Mill are featured nightly from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (weather permitting) starting the day after Thanksgiving until December 30. This is one of the best holiday light displays in Ohio and you'll be completely charmed by the twinkling lights and historic mill!
- Kirtland. Featuring 150,000 Christmas lights and more than 1,000 nativity scenes from around the world, this historic village is a unique holiday experience for families.