The Best Sight In The World Is Actually A Road Sign That Says Welcome To North Dakota
North Dakota is an intensely beautiful place. It’s filled with wonder, intrigue, history, and all the natural wonders you’ll ever want to explore. But the most beautiful sight in the world isn’t one of the natural wonders in North Dakota, nor is it one of the most beautiful lakes in North Dakota. No, the most beautiful sight in the world is simply the sign that reads “Welcome to North Dakota,” it’s one of the most beautiful places in North Dakota thanks to everything it symbolizes (and everything that lies behind it, no matter which one you’re at).
For some beautiful North Dakota scenery, watch the amazing drone footage below:
What does seeing the “Welcome to North Dakota” sign mean to you? Tell us your thoughts in the comments, and let us know what you love about living in this incredible – and peaceful – little state. For even more things to love about our state, check out some of the most beautiful lakes in North Dakota!
More to Explore
North Dakota Pride
Are there any natural wonders in North Dakota?
If you want to see all of the natural beauty that the world has to offer, the Peacegarden State is a great place to start. Some of the most stunning natural wonders in North Dakota are:
- The Red River of the North is a very rare north-flowing river that is ideal for kayaking when the weather is calm.
- White Butte, the highest point in the state at over 3,000 feet above sea level. The erosion left on the Butte makes gorgeous natural patterns.
- The Missouri-Yellowstone Confluence is a space where two massive rivers meet to create a gorgeous site.
What are the best places to go hiking in North Dakota?
A wonderful way to admire nature is by hiking in North Dakota, here are a few of the best spots to do just that:
- Icelandic State Park has miles of hiking trails that go through woods and over rivers, and they are ideal for all-season hiking. Be sure to keep an eye out for local wildlife!
- Wind Canyon Trail in Theodore Roosevelt National Park is more of a jaunt than a hike at .5 miles, but you will be rewarded with sweeping views of the Little Missouri River. This is a great spot to go for sunset lovers as well.
- The Petrified Forest trail takes you through one of the largest petrified forests in the country. It's a hauntingly beautiful sight.
Can I take any fun road trips through North Dakota?
There are so many great road trips through North Dakota that you can take to help familiarize yourself with all that the state has to offer, such as:
- The haunted places in North Dakota road trip. This trip covers seven spooky spots, including a haunted library, and all in just nine hours of driving!
- The family-friendly places in North Dakota road trip, which everyone is sure to love. You'll visit two zoos, a trampoline park, and the world's largest Buffalo on your journey.
- The pie shops in North Dakota road trip. This is one you'll want to start with an empty stomach as you're going to be hitting up five shops serving up some of the best pies you've ever tasted!