The Most Scenic Lake In North Carolina Is Perfect For A Year-Round Vacation
When it comes to mountain lakes in North Carolina, you’ll have a hard time beating the views at Lake Lure. This beautiful lake in North Carolina is nestled right at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountain Range and is chock-full of outdoor adventures, lodging, restaurants, and more. If it’s good enough to play a role in the classic film, Dirty Dancing, you know it’s going to be good. OnlyInYourState’s Manager of Editorial, Megan Shute, fell in love with this peaceful lake, and can’t recommend it enough as one of the best travel destinations in North Carolina. Welcome to Lake Lure in North Carolina.
When is your favorite season to visit Lake Lure in North Carolina? Tell us in the comments! For more like this, check out these beautiful lakes in North Carolina to visit in the summer.
More to Explore
Natural Attractions in North Carolina
What are the most relaxing natural areas in North Carolina?
The most relaxing natural areas in North Carolina include:
- SOCO Falls. This is an idyllic and quiet area with tiny waterfalls and streams just off of Highway 19.
- Craggy Pinnacle Overlook. Take a short hike near the Blue Ridge Parkway to a stunning view of Craggy Gardens.
- Camp Alice Trail. This Trail leads you to gorgeous open fields with amazing views of Mt. Mitchell and there's hardly anyone here.
- Hawksbill Mountain. Take a day hike up this mountain to get breathtaking views of Linville Gorge.
Find out more about the most relaxing natural areas in North Carolina.
What are the most incredible natural wonders in North Carolina?
The most incredible natural wonders in North Carolina include:
- Whitewater Falls. These are the tallest waterfalls east of the Rocky Mountains. These gorgeous falls are 811 feet tall.
- The Outer Banks. This is a collection of barrier islands that stretch on for 200 miles. It has some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
- Pilot Mountain. This intriguing mountain is a local landmark and is the last remaining portion of the ancient Sauratown mountain chain.
- Looking Glass Rock. This ancient stone mountain formed over 390 million years ago and is made of whiteside granite.
Discover more about the most incredible natural wonders in North Carolina.
What are some bucket list nature spots in North Carolina?
Bucket list nature spots in North Carolina include:
- White Lake. This has been a popular local vacation destination for several decades. It has white sand beaches and crystal-clear water.
- Sand Dollar Island. Take a ferry out to this tiny Island and collect dozens of sand dollars along the beautiful shores.
- Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest. This is one of the largest old-growth forests in the nation with gigantic trees and a ton of gorgeous green nature.
- McGalliard Falls Park. You'll find natural rock water slides here as well as a historic, old-fashioned mill.
Learn more about bucket list nature spots in North Carolina.