The Ultimate Bucket List For Anyone In North Carolina Who Loves The Outdoors
North Carolina is the perfect place for the outdoor lover. There are always new mountains to climb, beaches to visit, destinations to see and even adventurous drives to take. But with so much jam-packed into one state, it can get hard to decide what absolutely should be done. These 15 adventures are ultimate must-haves in North Carolina, perfect for the seasoned adventurer and even just the simple lover of the outdoors.
1. Hike the strenuous but well worth it Grandfather's Profile Trail at Grandfather Mountain.
2. Hang glide off the tallest active sand dune on the east coast, Jockey's Ridge.
3. Go whitewater rafting at the amazing Nantahala Outdoor Center.
4. Take a trip to the highest waterfall east of the Rockies, Whitewater Falls. At 411 ft. and with easy access, it's amazingly impressive.
5. And not too far away you'll find Gorges State Park, the only temperate rainforest in the U.S east of the Rockies. Between waterfalls, a state of the art visitors center, and plenty of hiking and camping it's amazing.
6. Visit the Grand Canyon of the east coast at Linville Gorge. You can catch the best view from Wiseman's Overlook.
7. Catch a wave off the North Carolina coast...or at least attempt to.
8. Catch a glimpse of North Carolina's wild horses found along the Outer Banks.
9. Witness some seriously amazing views from the highest peak east of the Mississippi, Mount Mitchell.
10. Hike to the amazing grassy balds of North Carolina found at Roan Mountain and Max Patch.
11. Get a dose of adrenaline at North Carolina's natural waterslide, Sliding Rock.
12. Jump off the rock or just simply wade in the waterfall swimming hole of Skinny Dip Falls.
13. Get a Caribbean vibe along the Crystal Coast and see the clearest water in North Carolina at Shackleford Banks.
14. Take a drive along the Outer Banks scenic byway. With the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Pamlico Sound on the other, it's an incredible experience with breathtaking views.
15. Hike along the Appalachian Trail, maybe for a weekend or maybe for a week...it's the one North Carolina bucket list every North Carolinian needs to do once.
That’s a lot of fun for one state, and there are honestly so many more activities I could add to this list. Have you done these before, which ones would you add?
Before summer comes to a close, make sure you check off these
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.