Walk Through A Victorian Christmas Masterpiece At Körner's Folly, The Most Unusual House In North Carolina
If you are looking for something a bit unique when it comes to things to do at Christmas in North Carolina, consider this historic mansion. Walk into a Victorian time capsule with a visit to the most eclectic and unusual house in all of North Carolina: Körner’s Folly. All year long, this circa 1880 home is open for self-guided tours on select days of the week, and visitors are enthralled by the architectural elements and the furnishings, all of which are original to the home. But during the holidays, the home is adorned from floor to ceiling with period holiday decorations for its annual Victorian Christmas event, and it is positively charming.
Have you ever visited Körner’s Folly for Christmas in North Carolina? If so, did you visit during the holiday season? We’d love to hear what you think, so share your experiences with us in the comments below!
Holiday tours at Körner’s Folly last approximately one hour, and amateur photography is allowed (thank goodness!). You can read more about Körner’s Folly’s Victorian Christmas, including event dates, admission rates, special events, and more, at the Körner’s Folly website.
For more magical holiday events to enjoy this season, venture through one of these four drive-through Christmas lights displays in North Carolina! And if you’re looking for gifts for the special people in your life this holiday season, be sure to check out the OnlyInYourState Holiday Gift Guide.
More to Explore
Christmas in North Carolina
What are some fun things to do during the holidays in North Carolina?
Körner’s Folly is certainly one of the best holiday activities in North Carolina, and it's in good company! Here are a few other things to do during the holidays in NC:
- Attend a seasonal festival
- See twinkling light displays all around the state.
- Take a holiday train ride.
- Check out the decked-to-the-nines Christmas towns around North Carolina
- One of our favorite things to do during this season is the holiday market known as Charlotte Christmas Village. Based on European traditions that are centuries old, this magical Christmas village in North Carolina offers the perfect night out. Picture mugs of hot cocoa, handcrafted gifts, live music, and so much more. It's a fun way to get in the holiday season here in the Tar Heel State!
Are there any Christmas train rides in North Carolina?
Absolutely! For over 40 years, the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, North Carolina, has hosted a Santa Train, which is the most magical holiday experience around. Here's what to expect:
- Both kids and adults can get in on the fun during this themed train ride filled with holiday magic.
- From face painting to holiday crafts, and even a visit from Santa himself, climb aboard this wonderful holiday train in North Carolina!
- Make sure you reserve your tickets for the Santa Train in North Carolina ASAP -- this fan-favorite fills up fast!
What are the best holiday light displays in North Carolina?