Most People Don’t Know North Carolina Has A Fairy Trail And It’s Positively Magical
Headed to Hendersonville this year? No visit to the City of Four Seasons would quite be complete without a magical stroll on the Fairy Trail at Bullington Gardens. Designed to positively enchant the little ones in the family, the Fairy Trail casts a wide net around grown-ups, too. It’s one of the many wonderful free attractions in North Carolina. Now, let’s explore this fairy garden in North Carolina.
Bullington Gardens was once a private residence and the nursery of a retired NYC policeman with a love for horticulture. After he retired and moved to Hendersonville, he opened a farm nursery which, following his death in 1989, was donated to the Henderson County Education Foundation and became Bullington Horticultural Learning Center. It was then leased to Henderson County Public Schools and is a joint effort with the NC Cooperative Extension. You can learn more on the official website of Bullington Gardens.
Have you checked out the Fairy Trail yet? We’d love to hear about your experience in our comments! While you’re in the area, make sure to visit some of these strange roadside attractions in North Carolina.
The Best Attractions In North Carolina
What are the best natural attractions in North Carolina?
The best natural attractions in North Carolina include:
- Jockey’s Ridge. This area of sand dunes is reminiscent of the Sahara desert and is a favorite hiking area for locals.
- Looking Glass Rock. This massive monolith juts out of the lush forests near the Blue Ridge Parkway and is an amazing sight to behold.
- Whitewater Falls. As the highest waterfall east of the Rockies, this gorgeous waterfall stands 811 feet tall and straddles the border of North Carolina and South Carolina.
Learn more about these and several more of the best natural attractions in North Carolina.
What are the best coastal attractions in North Carolina?
The best coastal attractions in North Carolina include:
- Airlie Gardens. Located in Wilmington, this beautiful botanical garden was built in 1884 and spans 67 acres.
- Wright Brothers National Memorial. This massive tribute to the Wright Brothers in Kill Devil Hills has a replica of their iconic plane and tells the history of the first flight.
- Carolina Beach State Park. This area has over six miles of hiking trails and these 700 acres of coastline are a favorite for locals.
- Oak Island Beach. This is a more secluded beach where you can take in the view of the ocean and enjoy swimming in relative peace.
Find out more about these and more of the best coastal attractions in North Carolina.
What are some hidden gem attractions in North Carolina?
Hidden gem attractions in North Carolina include:
- Cherohala Skyway. This National Scenic Byway spans 18 miles and has views of the most gorgeous parts of North Carolina and Tennessee.
- House of Mugs. This quaint cabin in Collettsville is entirely covered with coffee mugs that have been added to for over 15 years by owners Avery and Doris Sisk.
- White Lake. This lake is thought to have been made by a crater impact and is surrounded by oak trees covered in Spanish moss.
Discover more about these and other hidden gem attractions in North Carolina.