New York December 17, 2016
Not Many People Realize That These 13 Things Are Actually Illegal In New York
From state to state you can find a variety of laws that will simply make you scratch your head in wonder. If you thought New York was an exception to this, you hilariously thought wrong. If you thought you knew all there was to know about our Empire State laws then put your knowledge to the test! Let’s see if you’ve heard of all 13 of these things that are actually illegal.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Supposedly the fashion faux pas of wearing slippers after 10PM in a public space isn't just unsightly... it's illegal.
While some of our New York City residents argue over whether or not this one is true let alone the likelihood of you ever actually seeing a citation given for this, others claim that it has to do with the rumored dangers of your smelly slippers attracting rats. Oh, New York.
2. Tempting, isn't it? To fulfill your aching desire of wanting to chuck a ball at someone's head just for the fun of it? Well for the love of all things good, please don't.
Put aside the fact that you're guaranteed the favor of getting a curved slap in the face returned right back to you via whoever you just tormented, this not-so-nice sign of affection is actually illegal in New York.
3. So you're tired of online dating and want to get back to basic,s yes? Incorrect. Flirting can cost you a $25 fine here within New York.
To be specific, men are not allowed to turn around on the street and look at a woman "in that way". We all know the look. So if you're feeling frisky... keep it to yourself, or else it might literally cost you.
4. Celebrating out on Long Island in Suffolk County? Make sure you not to release 25 or more helium balloons!
Please halt all preparations to create your own real life
Up movie. If 25 or more of those suckers get away from you, you'll find yourself in trouble.
5. You know our beautiful tourism signs displayed along our highways? They're actually totally illegal and not suppose to be there.
Along New York's Highways and Thruways you can find a variety of over 500 boards like the one pictured above, pointing out historical locations in the Empire State and our major tourism boards. Well, there are actually strict rules when it comes to what can and cannot be displayed on major roadways. And according to repeated notifications of violations that have been given to Governor Cuomo's administration, it would appear that these signs break both state and federal laws. How do you guys feel about this one?
6. Flirtatious or friendly, we don't encourage such playful behavior. Taking your thumb to your nose and wiggling your fingers is illegal in New York.
The silly gesture now feels much more rebellious after discovering this information.
7. Feeling brave and ready to take on the adventure of riding a mechanic bull? Too bad.
Out on Long Island in the town of Hempstead this type of fun is strictly forbidden. No mechanic bulls for Nassau County!
8. Moving to New York City with your furry friends? Guess again. Your loving ferrets will have to stay Upstate.
New York City has pretty strict laws when it comes to exotic animals and even ferrets, if you're making a move to the city you won't be bringing these family members with you!
9. Ready to learn the art of archery? The town of Babylon would like you to take your bows and arrows elsewhere.
You won't be hitting the bullseye in this Long Island town.
10. Speeding past sanitation trucks? Absolutely not.
Irritated that a garbage or sanitation truck has made its way into your daily commute? Well you're going to have to deal with it, because New York just recently passed a law making it illegal to speed past them.
11. If you felt like you haven't lived enough and wanted to crank things up a bit, try again another time. Because on Sundays you are forbidden from walking around with an ice cream cone in your back pocket.
As if life didn't already have enough restrictions, this cruel law takes all the fun out of Sundays.
12. So you wanted to showcase the fact that you paid your dues and voted by taking a selfie, eh? Wrong. No ballot selfies allowed!
It would appear that our most recent election was the first to have to actually address this dilemma. We're now living in a world where the Empire State has made it illegal to take/post a selfie with your ballot.
13. You're in the giving mood and want to entertain the neighborhood? Try putting together a bake sale, because putting on a puppet show in your window in New York City is definitely illegal.
Looking for an out-of-the-box way to land yourself in jail for 30 days? Well here is your whimsical solution you troublemaker. Put on puppet shows in your New York City residential window and law enforcement will gladly hunt you down!
Did you know about any of these laws before reading this post? For more good laughs, take a peak at these
15 Hilariously Accurate Memes About New York!