Buffalo June 28, 2020
7 Major Changes Coming To Canalside This Summer That Every Buffalonian Will Want To Know
With miles upon miles of waterfront views right here in Buffalo, you’ll find that there is so much to keep you busy along our city’s shores. Throughout all four seasons, you can find a variety of activities up and running, but there’s nothing quite like the summertime. We’re here to fill you in on all the latest changes and updates that are now being implemented over at Canalside – take a look!
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. While this may be heartbreaking to hear, Canalside’s beach is currently closed. There are transient docks still open for Buffalonians to use.
2. A cleaning and sanitization schedule has been put in place, so you can rest assured that the commons areas and restrooms at both Canalside and Outer Harbor are cleaned on a regular basis.
Psst! Speaking of restrooms, Canalside’s bathrooms will only allow one person in at a time.
3. Canalside will now be featuring a variety of social distancing-friendly activities to help keep you busy throughout the summer, like scavenger hunts, trivia, pop-up food truck events, farmers market, and even a drive-in movie series at Outer Harbor.
4. The majority of Canalside’s outdoor seating has been put into storage for the summer, with any and all remaining seating that’s left now placed six feet apart.
5. Delicious destinations at Canalside like the Wilkeson Pointe Beer Garden, Clinto's Dish, and Nick Charlaps Ice Cream are now open for you to enjoy things like ice cream, loaded nachos, pizza logs, apple pie, and soon... draft beer!
6. You'll also be able to find plenty of food trucks making their way out to Canalside, and pop-up food truck events are already taking place this summer.
7. Three cheers for the fact that kayaks and water bikes will still be available to rent this summer! Kayaks and stand-up paddleboards available to rent at Wilkeson Pointe too.
Another thing to keep in mind: many of the usual activities and programs that you normally enjoy here at Canalside during summer are now being offered virtually and for free online - so keep an eye out!
So, what're you looking forward to most this summer at Canalside?
To stay up to date with all that's happening here at Canalside and along the rest of our city's waterfront, be sure to follow the official
Buffalo Waterfront Facebook
If you’re wondering what else is happening this summer out along our city’s waterfront, then you won’t want to miss out on reading about
The Free Summer Drive-In Movie Series In Buffalo That You Won’t Want To Miss. Address: 44 Prime St, Buffalo, NY 14202, USA