This 60-Mile Train Ride Is The Most Relaxing Way To Enjoy New Hampshire Scenery
New Hampshire is one of the best places in America if you’re looking to relax. From calming hikes to exhilarating views, beautiful lakes to our lovely, but little coastline. The Granite State is certainly full of things to do that will put you in a peaceful state of mind. If you agree, then you’ll want to check out one of the best train rides in New Hampshire. You’ve probably heard of the Cog Railway, but there’s another train here that allows you to see the state in a whole new way. Keep reading to learn more about one of the most beautiful excursions in the state.
The Conway Scenic Railroad is a great place to visit throughout the year. Hopefully, we’ve helped provide an answer to the question, “what are the best train rides near me in New Hampshire?” You can learn more about the journey and how to make reservations on the Conway Scenic Railroad website. Also, be sure to check out the Conway Scenic Railroad on Facebook.
If you’re not local to the area, but can’t imagine skipping out on this train ride I recommend you make it a long weekend! Book airfare, hotels, and a car on Expedia for a getaway you’ll love.
This is certainly one of the best train rides in New Hampshire, but it’s definitely not the only option. If you love combining views with great food, you’ll want to consider a ride on the Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train. It’s got everything you need for a fun combination of New Hampshire landscape and a fantastic meal.
More to Explore
train rides near me in New Hampshire
What's a fun train excursion I can take in New Hampshire?
There are plenty of fun train excursions you can take in New Hampshire. A few great ones are:
- The Mount Washington Cog Railway: This scenic adventure has thrilled passengers for nearly 150 years. Visitors love that some of the inclines reach a grade of nearly 38 percent, making it the second steepest train excursion in the entire world!
- The Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train: This two-hour train ride travels through the White Mountains and offers riders a five-course dinner aboard restored vintage rail cars from the 1950s.
- The Glen Junction Family Restaurant, Glen: While you can't actually ride on a train while eating here, this restaurant is completely train themed. It's perfect for those who appreciate the world of railroads.
What are the best day trips in New Hampshire?
The best day trips in New Hampshire offer great views and fun activities. A few you'll want to plan include:
- A trip to Sandwich, Carroll County: This is a great trip to take in the fall if you love quaint towns and good foliage views.
- Willard Pond, Antrim: Part of the NH Audubon's 1,793-acre dePierrefeu-Willard Pond Wildlife Sanctuary, this a great trip for people who want to hear the call of nesting loons. There are plenty of them right here!
- The New Hampshire Covered Bridge Road Trip: This day trip is a great way to take in the many historic bridges that dot the New Hampshire landscape. Load up the car and journey through some of the best scenery in the state.