Spend The Night In A Tepee At This Unique Campground In Nebraska
There’s almost no end to the amazing camping experiences you can find this summer, but this one in Cass County is definitely one of the most unique campgrounds in Nebraska. You can spend the night camping in Nebraska in a tepee, just like the native population did hundreds of years ago. Here is an amazing teepee campground in Nebraska.
Take a look at the natural beauty of this area:
Drinking water and restrooms are located near the tepee village to make your stay more comfortable. This may not be the most authentic tepee village ever, but it’s a fun change from the usual cabin, tent, or RV experience, and this teepee campground in Nebraska is one that kids are sure to love.
You’ll need a Nebraska parks pass to enter Platte River State Park, and there’s a small fee for staying overnight in a tepee.
While you’re in the area, be sure to check out Mahoney State Park, too – it was voted the #3 state park in the whole country, so you don’t want to pass up a chance to see what it has to offer.
More to Explore
Natural Attractions in Nebraska
What are the most beautiful places in Nebraska?
The most beautiful places in Nebraska include:
- Fontenelle Forest. This stunning spot has several hiking trails and also includes a Raptor Recovery Center.
- Oglala National Grassland. These prairies stretch for as far as the eye can see and are largely unchanged from the pioneer days.
- Scotts Bluff National Monument. The rocky bluffs here are awe-inspiring and well worth a visit. Parts of it resemble a natural castle.
- Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge. This beautiful area is full of Wildlife and gorgeous waterfalls including the largest waterfall in the state.
Find out more about the most beautiful places in Nebraska.
What are the most incredible natural attractions in Nebraska?
The most incredible natural attractions in Nebraska include:
- Chimney Rock. This was a landmark along the Oregon Trail and it is one of the state’s most iconic natural wonders.
- Indian Cave State Park. This beautiful cave was once inhabited by Native Americans who left their petroglyphs on the walls.
- Toadstool Geologic Park. This park has otherworldly rock formations that make it look as though you're on Mars or the Moon.
- Agate Fossil Beds National Monument. This area is full of fossils and intriguing archaeological finds as well as natural beauty.
Learn more about the most incredible natural attractions in Nebraska.
What are the most relaxing places in Nebraska?
The most relaxing places in Nebraska include:
- Fort Robinson State Park. Locals love this place for trout fishing, hiking, historic tours, and horseback riding.
- Snake River Falls. These lovely Falls are a great place for fishing and swimming, especially during the summer months.
- The Nebraska Sandhills. This eerily beautiful area is a great place to get some respite from City living.
- Chadron State Park. This is a gorgeous area with multiple hiking trails where you were here nothing but birdsong and the wind in the trees.
Discover more about the most relaxing places in Nebraska.