Nebraska November 06, 2017
11 Downright Funny Memes You’ll Only Get If You’re From Nebraska
Sometimes you’ve just got to laugh at yourself, right? Especially when you live in a great place like Nebraska. These memes are good-natured ribbing that will tickle the funny bone of any true blue (or should that be true red?) Nebraskan.
1. Sometimes a Nebraska winter feels like living on a planet where everything is frozen forever.
I feel like we haven't had many of these long winters lately, but I remember winter lasting at least 13 months a year when I was a kid and just wanted to go swimming.
2. So it's hailing a little in your state? Haha, try living in Nebraska where we get rain, hail, snow, sleet, flash floods, tornadoes, and thundersnow all in the same week.
No big deal - we aren't even fazed by it anymore.
2. Feeling a little down? Just wait for fall.
This is the magical time of year when all non-football-related worries fly out of the window and red sweatshirts are the social lubricant we all need to make new friends.
3. To be fair, there's constant construction in most of Nebraska...
...but those detours are insanely annoying when you're in the middle of an already-frustrating urban commute.
4. Spring? What's that?
Don't hold your breath, sweetie. We're just as likely to go from 30 below to 80 degrees in a week as we are to have an actual spring.
5. Yep, that's us.
We can't argue with this logic. How are you going to see the awesome storms if you're inside?
6. This...is wildly accurate.
Everybody knows about Omaha and Lincoln, but they seem to have some pretty weird ideas about western Nebraska.
7. This...is less accurate.
But I have to admit, if I had the chance to do this I'd be at the top of that pile in a second!
8. Haha, yeah.
Our crazy weather keeps things interesting! Right?
9. It's better than cow tipping! Kind of?
Before you get offended by this, just remember that there's at least one person in your life who definitely did/would do this when drunk enough.
10. When you've lived here long enough, you just get used to the snow.
In fact, a year without heavy snows starts to feel downright weird.
11. This isn't exclusive to Nebraska, but you'd better know the difference if you live here.
This is Living In Nebraska 101, folks.
We live in the greatest state in the nation, and we happen to have pretty great senses of humor to show for it. What’s your favorite Nebraska meme? Share it with us in the comments!
For 11 (totally sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek, hilarious) reasons no one should ever move to Nebraska,
click over here.