The Incredibly Unique Park That's Right Here In Montana's Own Backyard
Montana has 55 state parks, and each one truly has its own character. However, the fact that the Treasure State immortalized its first territorial capital and turned it into a state park we can all explore is pretty special. Have you taken the time to walk through our beloved Bannack State Park lately? If not, let’s explore this fascinating park and learn its history.
This eerie video by YouTuber Edward Fielding highlights the abandoned structures inside Bannack State Park. Check it out!
The park showcases an important piece of our history. Montana’s mining past helped shape its present, and it’s amazing that so many of Bannack’s original buildings remain here in the park. To learn more about visiting our most well-preserved ghost town, check out the official Bannack State Park website.
More to Explore
BANNACK STATE PARK & RELATED INFO
How much does it cost to enter Bannack State Park?
Bannack State Park charges an entrance fee depending on the license plate of each vehicle. If the vehicle has a Montana license plate, then there is no fee. However, for out-of-state vehicles, the entrance fee is only $6.
Besides guided ghost tours, what are some other events at Bannack State Park?
Bannack State Park hosts a few events as well as activities throughout the year, and they include:
- Bannack Days - the third weekend in July and celebrates pioneer life
- Living History Weekend - September and it celebrates the Gold Rush era
- Saturdays in the Park - includes music, stargazing, poetry, and more, every Saturday in the Summer
- Junior Ranger Program - fun activities for kids
- Camping - year-round camping
- Ice Skating - weekends during the winter season
What are the best state parks in Montana?
Bannack State Park is one of the most fascinating state parks in Montana. And while there are 55 state parks in Montana, here are the ones that are worthy of a visit:
- Makoshika State Park, Glendive
- Giant Springs State Park, Great Falls
- Lewis & Clark Caverns State Park, Whitehall
- Brush Lake State Park, Dagmar
- Wayfarers State Park, Bigfork
- Pictograph Cave State Park, Billings
- Hell Creek State Park, Jordan
- Missouri Headwaters State Park, Three Forks
- Sluice Boxes State Park, Belt
- Lone Pine State Park, Kalispell
Here’s a previous article with more information about the best state parks in Montana.
What are the most underrated state parks in Montana?
The most underrated state parks in Montana are some of the most beautiful. Here’s a list of some of the most underrated state parks in Montana:
- Lake Mary Ronan State Park, Kalispell
- Beaverhead Rock State Park, Dillon
- Wild Horse Island State Park, Big Arm
- Anaconda Smoke Stack State Park, Anaconda
- Black Sandy State Park, Helena
- Bannack State Park, Bannack
- Medicine Rocks State Park, Glendive
- Big Arm State Park, Bigfork
- Milltown State Park, Missoula
- Clark’s Lookout State Park, Dillon
Be sure to check out the previous article about the most underrated state parks in Montana.