With 27,600-Sq. Ft., Missouri’s Largest Ice Skating Rink Offers Plenty Of Space For Everyone
Wintertime in Missouri means a ton of fun, especially for those of us who love spending time outdoors during the year’s coldest season. While we can all probably use some thrilling winter fun – like snow tubing and sledding – sometimes we just want to slow things down. Gliding around Missouri’s largest ice skating rink is a fun way to spend a few hours all season long. Ice skating in Missouri doesn’t get better than this!
Have you been to Missouri’s largest ice skating rink? Share your experience in the comments! If you’re a fan of exploring during the cold winter months, you can’t go wrong by hitting one of these 11 picturesque hiking trails in Missouri.
Winter In Missouri
What is winter like in Missouri?
This is what winter is like in Missouri:
- The winter season in Missouri lasts for three months, from November 27 to February 26.
- Winter low temperatures average between 19-24°F and high temperatures average between 40-17°F.
- Annual snowfall averages in Missouri are between 18 to 24 inches north of the Missouri River and 8 to 12 inches in the southern areas.
- The coldest recorded temperature was -40°F in Warsaw in 1911.
To find out what winter is like in Missouri for this year, see the Farmers’ Almanac predictions for the 2022-2023 winter season.
What are the best winter getaways in Missouri?
The best winter getaways in Missouri include:
- Big Cedar Lodge. Located in the Ozark Mountains, this lodge has both rustic and luxurious stays and activities include ice skating, a “sleigh bell scurry” and various holiday events.
- Tan-Tar-A Estates at Margaritaville Resorts. This resort is located in Osage Beach in Lake of the Ozarks and has golfing, horseback riding, boating, bowling, and other activities.
- Branson. This small town has Old Time Christmas events and resorts such as Chateau on the Lake for accommodations.
Here are 12 more of the best winter getaways in Missouri.
What are some of the best winter activities in Missouri?
These are some of the best winter activities in Missouri:
- The Nutcracker. This popular Tchaikovsky ballet is performed by major ballet companies in Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, Columbia, and at the Missouri Ballet.
- Garden Glow. Taking place at the Missouri Botanical Gardens, this is a light display consisting of about one million lights and is a local favorite.
- The Loop Ice Carnival. St. Louis holds this annual event starting with the Snow Ball at the Moonrise Hotel and other activities include ice sculpture contests, human dogsled races, frozen turkey bowling, and more.
Here are seven more of the best winter activities in Missouri.