Journey Through The Sights And Sounds Of Christmas On A Wagon Ride Through Lazy Acres Farm In Mississippi
Dazzling holiday displays can be found all over the state, including Lazy Acres Farm. During the Christmas season, the farm hosts a mesmerizing annual holiday light show that’s grown into one of the most beloved ways to celebrate Christmas in Mississippi. There’s a reason it’s grown into a holiday favorite, and it’s partly due to the fact that you can take a wagon ride through the glowing lights, making for a magical holiday adventure.
For more information, call (833) 327-6386. You can also visit the Mississippi farm’s website. And make sure to like its Lazy Acres Farm Fun Facebook page to stay up to date on hours, events, and more. Is this Christmas light show in Mississippi more than a “quick ride” from your home? Don’t let distance keep you from viewing this Mississippi Christmas display. Instead, check out VRBO, find some nearby lodging, and turn your visit into an in-state vacay.
This isn’t the only holiday fun to be had in Mississippi this year. Keep reading to learn about another must-see Christmas light display in Mississippi.
More to Explore
Winter In Mississippi
What are the best things to do during winter in Mississippi?
There are lots of ways to enjoy winter in Mississippi. Here are some fun things to do and places to visit when it’s winter in Mississippi:
- Belhaven Singing Christmas Tree: Since its inception in 1933, the Belhaven Singing Christmas Tree, which is held on Belhaven University's campus in Jackson, has claimed the title of the world's oldest outdoor Christmas tree singing tradition.
- 50 Nights of Lights: When winter arrives in Mississippi, "50 Nights of Lights" in downtown Cleveland is a must-see, and it's one of the free things to do in Mississippi in winter.
- Natchez Trace Parkway: The cooler weather that comes along with winter in Mississippi provides the perfect opportunity to get out and explore one of the state’s best outdoor attractions – the Natchez Trace Parkway, which spans 444 miles through three states and features several hiking trails as well as an array of attractions.
What are some popular Christmas traditions in Mississippi?
From Christmas lights in Mississippi to holiday parades and beloved favorites, there are lots of tried-and-true Christmas traditions in Mississippi, including:
- Victorian Candlelit Christmas: Now a holiday favorite, this annual event draws hundreds of visitors seeking to view tens of thousands of white bags set aglow with just as many flickering candles.
- The Nutcracker: During the holiday season, the Mississippi Metropolitan Ballet presents "The Nutcracker,” a beloved Mississippi tradition known for its intricate sets, eye-catching costumes, and, of course, impressive dancing.
- Gulfport Harbor Lights Festival: Established in 2015, this festival is among the newer traditions in Mississippi, yet it’s grown into a beloved favorite – complete with thousands of lights and fun holiday festivities.