Few People Know One Of The Nicest Restaurants In America Is Hiding In Small-Town Minnesota
This is the Land of 10,000 Lakes, so all our restaurants are arguably “nice” – it’s just our nature – but if you’re looking for a nice small-town restaurant in Minnesota, head to Bernie’s in East Grand Forks. It’s a hometown joint that’s generating a lot of buzz.
Check Bernie’s website to see its business hours and complete menu or to order online. Apart from Bernie’s, there are plenty of other nice small-town restaurants in Minnesota that are well worth checking out.
Have you had a chance to visit Bernie’s in East Grand Forks yet? Are there any other hometown favorites that can go toe-to-toe with the country’s best restaurants? Let us know in the comments.
More to Explore
Scrumptious Restaurants in Minnesota
What are some hidden gem restaurants in Minnesota?
Here are some hidden gem restaurants in Minnesota:
- Kaffe Stuga. This charming little place serves a combination of down-home American food and delicious Swedish food.
- Tendermaid. This burger joint in Austin, MN has loose-meat burgers that are as messy as they are delicious.
- Mabel Murphy’s. This European-style pub serves delicious sandwiches, seafood, and steak, all in a cozy, comfortable setting.
- Brass Rail. This is a locally beloved spot known for making some of the tastiest broasted chicken around.
Learn more about these and several other hidden gem restaurants in Minnesota.
What are the most iconic foods in Minnesota?
These are the most iconic foods in Minnesota:
- Dessert Bars. These crumbly and yummy dessert treats are a staple at potlucks all over Minnesota.
- Tater Tot Hotdish. This is Minnesota comfort food at its best. Tater tots mixed with meat and cheese and baked in an oven.
- Lefse. This soft flatbread is made from riced potatoes and is a savory and comforting Scandinavian standby.
- Krumkake. The Scandinavian roots of many of the locals come out in this wafer-like confection that is rolled and often filled with cream.
Discover several more of the most iconic foods in Minnesota.
What are the most historic restaurants in Minnesota?
The most historic restaurants in Minnesota include:
- Jax Cafe. This place opened in 1910 and became especially popular when Prohibition ended.
- Forepaugh’s Restaurant. Originally a home that was built in 1870, this place became a restaurant in 1976 and has been serving delicious food in historic surroundings ever since.
- The Hubbel House. What started as a tiny log hotel in 1854 has grown into a wonderful place for American fare.
Find out more about these and several more of the most historic restaurants in Minnesota.