Deer Lake In Minnesota Has Clear Waters That Rival The Caribbean
As the Land of 10,000 Lakes, we have a huge variety of bodies of water. Some, like Lake Superior, are amazingly deep. Others are tiny and shallow. Some are muddy, and some, like the lake we want to introduce today, are crystal clear. Deer Lake in Minnesota stands out as one of the clearest lakes in the state. Its crystal-clear waters and bright blue color make it look like something out of the Caribbean! Read on below to learn more about this beautiful lake in Minnesota:
Wanna see a bird’s eye view of Deer Lake? Check out the cool YouTube video shot by Jeremy Holt of the pristine lake.
Have you ever visited Deer Lake? Do you know of any other clear lakes in Minnesota? Let us know in the comments! Also, be sure to check out our article about Caribou Lake, another crystal-clear Minnesota lake.
More to Explore
DEER LAKE IN MINNESOTA & RELATED INFO
What are some fun things to do at Deer Lake in Minnesota?
If you’re searching for fun things to do at Deer Lake in Minnesota, then you’re in the right place. Here are the best activities at Deer Lake:
- Fishing - catch trophy muskies, bass, walleyed pike, northern pike, and an assortment of panfish
- Boating - there is public boat access at the lake
- Camping - there is a nearby campground with several sites available
- Canoeing, kayaking, floating - there are 25 islands on the lake that are easily accessible by watercrafts
- Bird and wildlife viewing - various species of birds as well as coyote, wolf, bobcat, and more
Here’s another article featuring more fun things to do at Deer Lake in Minnesota
Aside from Deer Lake, what are some other crystal-clear lakes in Minnesota?
With over 10,000 lakes, it’s no surprise that there are so many crystal-clear lakes in Minnesota. And here are 10 of our favorite lakes in Minnesota that are the clearest:
- Lake Superior
- Clearwater Lake, Cook County
- Trout Lake, Grand Rapids
- Keewahtin Lake, Forest Lake
- Sunfish Lake, Sunfish Lake
- Knife Lake, Ely
- Caribou Lake, Itasca County
- Little Carnelian Lake, Stillwater
- Bass Lake, Grant
- Ossawinnamakee Lake, Crow Wing County
Be sure to check out our previous article featuring more crystal-clear lakes in Minnesota.
What are some state parks in Minnesota with rivers or lakes?
There are over 60 state parks in Minnesota and many of them are filled with lakes and rivers. And here are the best state parks in Minnesota that are perfect for those who love the water.
- Grand Portage State Park
- Gooseberry Falls State Park
- Bear Head Lake State Park
- Lake Bronson State Park
- Itasca State Park, Park Rapids
- Tettegouche State Park
- Glacial Lakes State Park
- Jay Cooke State Park
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park
- Great River Bluffs State Park
- Banning State Park
- Whitewater State Park
This previous article provides a list of state parks in Minnesota, one for each month of the year.