One Of The Oddest Geological Wonders Is Located Right Here In Michigan
There’s no denying that Michigan is a real wonderland for those who enjoy spending time in the great outdoors. For hikers, birdwatchers, swimmers, cross-country skiers, kayakers, and everyone in between, spending time in the Great Lakes State feels a lot like paradise. When you’re looking for an original way to appreciate our region’s natural beauty, be sure to read about this must-see geological wonder in Michigan.
See what it’s like to kayak around and under Turnip Rock:
Have you and your family had the opportunity to visit Turnip Rock during previous adventures in Michigan’s Thumb Region? Is there another geological wonder in Michigan that we should consider covering in an upcoming piece? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section or make an official recommendation by filling out our nomination form.
Looking for even more beautiful outdoor experiences? You’ll want to follow our scenic Michigan road trip.
More to Explore
Natural Wonders In Michigan
What are the best bucket list natural places in Michigan?
The best bucket list natural places in Michigan include:
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The rock formations here are nothing short of stunning and it’s a perfect place to hike and swim.
- The Porcupine Mountains. This impressive expanse of verdant forests and mountains is a dazzling place for camping and hiking.
- Tahquamenon Falls. These powerful, rushing falls are awe-inspiring and so worth the trip to take in.
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Bright blue waters meet lavish greenery which flows into the sandy dunes.
Learn more about the best bucket list natural places in Michigan.
What are the most incredible natural wonders in Michigan?
The most incredible natural wonders in Michigan include:
- Arch Rock on Mackinac Island. This picturesque natural stone arch draws photographers from all over the world.
- Isle Royale National Park. This vast park abounds with wildlife and is a preserve for moose and wolves.
- Platte River. Come here to tube down some of the state’s most vibrant blue, clear waters.
- Kitsch-iti-kipi. The waters here are pristine and bright blue and it’s one of the most splendid natural wonders in Michigan.
Find out more about the most incredible natural wonders in Michigan.
What are the best natural preserves in Michigan?
The best natural preserves in Michigan include:
- CS Mott Nature Preserve. This is where sand dunes meet Lake Michigan and there are over 15 miles of trails to explore.
- Seney National Wildlife Refuge. This preserve started in 1935 and spans over 95,000 acres of lush wilderness.
- For-Mar Nature Preserve & Arboretum. Verdant forests are interspersed with meadows and ponds for a variety of wildlife.
- Vermillion Point Nature Preserve. This area has over 9,000 feet of Lake Superior shorefront and has stunning views.
Discover more about the best nature preserves in Michigan.