7 Drone Videos From Michigan That Will Take You On An Aerial Tour Of The Great Lakes State
While many of us have experienced Michigan’s prettiest attractions from the ground, there’s something utterly magical about checking them out from above. In fact, aerial captures of our favorite destinations allow us to see them from rarely seen vantage points, whether we’re gazing at Lake Michigan shorelines or appreciating boundless forests. All the natural wonders in Michigan just look so different from up in the air! If you want to see the Great Lakes State from way up high, check out these seven drone videos; each is an amazing aerial tour of Michigan that will let you see the region in a whole new way.
- Cook Aerial Photography shared this breathtaking drone video of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, one of Michigan’s most magnificent destinations. There’s something so magical about that blue water meeting the sandy shore. You may have hiked the Heritage Trail near the Dunes before, but it’s doubtful you’ve seen the Dunes from this far up!
2. If you’ve always wanted to see Tahquamenon Falls, here’s your chance: this capture from YouTube user Brads Drones offers unparalleled access to the power and splendor of the falls.
3. The city of Grand Rapids is beloved among locals and visitors alike for its tasty beer, annual ArtPrize celebration, and sense of community. TAPP Channel offers a great drone view of the area.
- Did you know that Michigan is home to one of America’s most underrated wine regions? Enjoy this footage of the Leelanau Peninsula from HelloAerial for an unbeatable virtual wine tour.
5. Do you love Mackinac Island? Take a trip to this Michigan gem without leaving the couch when you watch this drone footage that was captured by SpaniolaFamilyFunTV on YouTube. Simply gorgeous!
6. YouTube user PolarisHockey90 shared this awesome drone video of the area surrounding Port Huron and nearby Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. The Blue Water Bridge is truly beautiful over Lake St. Clair, and it’s certainly easy to see why it’s called the Blue Water Bridge! Michigan lakes are some of the most beautiful in the world.
- The scenery of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is absolutely stunning from every vantage point, but we’re completely enchanted by this drone footage that was shared by YouTube user Ben Grace.
Have you uncovered any other wonderful drone videos from Michigan? We would love to see your favorite findings, so drop us a line in the comment section below or reach out via our nomination page!
Natural Wonders In Michigan
What are some natural wonders in Michigan?
Michigan has so many natural wonders! We know it’s covered a lot because it’s one of the most popular tourist destinations in the state, but there’s a reason that is true. Tahquamenon Falls is so beautiful that it looks like something straight out of a fairy tale. If you are looking for something a little more off the beaten path, there are plenty of other falls in the Great Lake State as well. We’ve actually got a road trip planned out for you that will allow you to see 7 of Michigan’s greatest natural wonders all in one vacation, including Tahquamenon Falls and the charming Turnip Rock.
Are there any good swimming holes in Michigan?
From lake beaches to waterfalls to swimming holes, Michigan has a surprising number of places to swim to not be located on a coast. Black Rocks, just off Lake Superior, is particularly fun, but we have quite a few swimming holes that are worth checking out! If you like to live a little on the wild side, we’ve even got some waterfalls that double as swimming holes!
What are some good outdoor activities to enjoy in Michigan?
Whether you like hiking, ice skating, kayaking, or even something wild and crazy like exploring shipwrecks, there’s something for nature lovers of all kinds in Michigan! Even in the winter, there are great places to check out like the charming little town of Alpena.