The Marvelous 1.9-Mile Trail In Massachusetts Leads Adventurers To A Little-Known Overlook
Are you ready for a hiking adventure? While Cape Cod may be best known for its beaches and seafood, it’s actually got some of the most stunning hiking trails in the state, especially within the boundaries of the Cape Cod National Seashore. And if you visit Truro, you can hike along a path to a little-known overlook in Massachusetts for some gorgeous views you won’t believe. It’s one of the best hikes in Cape Cod!
Have you ever hiked along the Pamet Cranberry Bog Trail in Truro? Do you know of another little-known overlook in Massachusetts? Tell us about it in the comments! Visit the National Park Service website to learn more about the Pamet Cranberry Bog Trail, one of the best hikes in Cape Cod.
If you’ve never explored Cape Cod National Seashore, you are missing out. Learn more about what this area of Cape Cod has to offer.
Need some new boots for your hike? LL Bean can take care of that!
More to Explore
Best Hikes On Cape Cod
What is a good short hike on Cape Cod?
The Great Island Trail in Wellfleet is an excellent choice for a short hike on Cape Cod, providing a mix of scenic views, historical sites, and natural landscapes. This trail varies in length, with options for shorter walks or longer hikes, but a popular choice is about 3 to 4 miles round trip if you turn around at the halfway point to Jeremy Point.
For those looking for a longer adventure, the full trek to Jeremy Point and back can extend up to 8 miles. The trail meanders through salt marshes, sandy beaches, and wooded areas, offering a diverse array of habitats to explore. Along the way, hikers can enjoy panoramic views of Cape Cod Bay and discover remnants of the area's past, including the old tavern site on Great Island. The varying terrain and stunning coastal scenery make it a memorable hike for visitors seeking to experience the natural beauty of Cape Cod.
What are the best hikes on Cape Cod?
Cape Cod offers a variety of beautiful hikes, showcasing the region's diverse landscapes from coastal dunes to lush forests. Here are some of the best hikes in Cape Cod:
- Atlantic White Cedar Swamp Trail in Wellfleet: A 1.2-mile loop that takes you through a rare Atlantic white cedar swamp, this trail offers a boardwalk path that winds through enchanting wooded areas and swamp landscapes.
- Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge in Chatham: Offering several trails of varying lengths, this refuge is perfect for wildlife enthusiasts. It's a great place to observe migratory birds, seals, and other marine life, with beautiful views of the ocean and sand dunes.
- Cape Cod National Seashore Trails: Spanning much of the outer Cape, the National Seashore offers numerous trails. The Fort Hill Trail in Eastham, for instance, combines historic sites with breathtaking views of marshes and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Beech Forest Trail in Provincetown: This easy 1-mile loop trail takes you through a serene beech forest, with opportunities to spot various bird species, especially during migration seasons. It's an oasis of tranquility and natural beauty.
- Nickerson State Park Trails in Brewster: With over 1,900 acres of land, Nickerson State Park features several trails that wind through pine forests and around freshwater ponds. It's a haven for hikers, bikers, and nature lovers.
Each of these hikes presents a unique aspect of Cape Cod's natural and cultural heritage, making them must-visit destinations for outdoor enthusiasts exploring the area.