The Enchanting 3.5-Mile Holiday Drive-Thru At Maryland's Seneca Creek State Park Is Sure To Delight
When Christmas in Maryland hits, it’s the most wonderful time of the year! We’re so lucky to live in MD, where several drive-thru holiday light displays are available to explore. The following one is 3.5 miles in length and features more than 450 illuminated displays! Featuring some of the most beloved Christmas lights in Maryland, prepare to be dazzled by this beautiful and family-friendly holiday attraction.
Celebrating Christmas in Maryland isn’t complete until you’ve checked out the many light displays and festivals our state has to offer!
For more information about the Winter Lights Festival at Seneca Creek State Park, visit the City of Gaithersburg event website.
Next up, bundle up for some of our favorite winter day trips in Maryland! Or maybe this holiday lights train in Maryland is more your speed. Whatever you choose, in between adventures, curl up by a warm fireplace at this cozy cabin in the trees…you’ll have multiple to choose from!
More to Explore
Christmas In Maryland
What are some of the best Christmas festivals and light displays in Maryland?
Maryland offers a variety of popular winter festivals and Christmas light displays that draw visitors from near and far - some have even made more than a few headlines and "best in America" lists! Here are some of the most popular winter festivals and light displays:
- Eastport Yacht Club Lights Parade, Annapolis: This festive boat parade in Annapolis Harbor features boats decked out in colorful holiday lights and decorations. It's a unique and merry event for the whole family.
- Festival of Lights, Watkins Regional Park, Upper Marlboro: This drive-through light display features over a million twinkling lights, animated displays, and holiday scenes. It's a magical experience for visitors of all ages.
- Festival of Trees, Timonium: Hosted by Kennedy Krieger Institute, this annual event at the Maryland State Fairgrounds features a display of elaborately decorated Christmas trees, wreaths, and gingerbread houses. It's a fundraiser for children with developmental disabilities.
- Lights on the Bay, Annapolis: Located at Sandy Point State Park, this scenic drive-through light display features over 60 animated and stationary displays. The event benefits Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- Miracle on 34th Street, Baltimore: Located in the Hampden neighborhood of Baltimore, this iconic display features row houses adorned with elaborate and creative holiday lights and decorations. It's a beloved tradition that draws visitors from all over.
- Symphony of Lights, Columbia: Held at Merriweather Post Pavilion, this drive-through light display features over 300,000 bulbs synchronized to holiday music. It's a festive experience that benefits Howard County General Hospital.
- Winterfest of Lights, Ocean City: This annual event turns Northside Park into a winter wonderland with over a million lights, festive displays, and even a visit from Santa Claus. It's a cherished tradition for locals and visitors.
- Winter Lights Festival, Seneca Creek State Park, Gaithersburg: This drive-thru display features over 450 illuminated displays and over a million twinkling lights. It's a festive experience set against the backdrop of Seneca Creek State Park.
- Zoo Lights, Baltimore: Another great drive-thru lights display is Zoo Lights. This whimsical experience will take you on a spectacular nighttime adventure through the wild, wild lands of the city.
These holiday festivities in Maryland offer a range of experiences, but all are worth a visit to make treasured Christmas memories!