For The Best Steamed Crabs Of Your Life, Head To This Hole-In-The-Wall Seafood Restaurant In Maryland
Marylanders know that not all steamed crabs are created equal. With so many seafood restaurants in Maryland, it can be difficult to know where to go for perfectly steamed crabs every single time. Locals and beyond say you can expect just that at On the Bay Seafood, a laid-back restaurant on Ocean City’s world-famous boardwalk! Head to this hole-in-the-wall restaurant for incredible shrimp, crabs, and more – all with an unforgettable view of the water.
Another great seafood restaurant awaits and it has some of the best crab cakes in the state! Read about it here: The Crab Cakes From Sip & Bite Diner In Maryland Are So Good That The Recipe Hasn’t Changed Since 1948!
More to Explore
Best Seafood In Maryland
Where Can I Find The Best Seafood In Maryland?
- Hooper's Crab House might just be the most iconic restaurant in Ocean City. Located on a floating boat, it's another seafood restaurant known for its delicious steamed crabs. However, don't sleep on the crispy, juicy fried chicken. Both options, along with tender steamed shrimp, corn on the cob, and hush puppies come with the restaurant's famous all-you-can-eat special where you can get refills of anything you like!
- The simply-named Don's Crabs is located on the outskirts of Baltimore, and it specializes in fresh-caught seafood right off the boat. Naturally, crabs are the specialty - but the steamed bay oysters are a highlight too. The restaurant has been going strong for over fifty years, and you'll definitely want to pay it a visit during soft-shell crab season.
- May's Seafood Restaurant is another old-school favorite in Frederick, and its Maryland crabs are a highlight here. The restaurant has a regular all-you-can-eat special with different tiers - you can get crabs and sides, or you can add on other options including steamed shrimp, fried popcorn shrimp, and even snow crab legs.
What Are The Best Buffet Restaurants In Maryland?
If you want to taste Maryland's seafood bounty, why not go to a place where you can try all the different kinds?
- The Bonfire Restaurant is an Ocean City institution - one of the largest buffets in Maryland, featuring all-you-can-eat crab legs and prime rib. The steamed shrimp tossed in Old Bay seasoning is a great lighter option, and you'll definitely want to save room to tackle the sprawling dessert buffet. This beachside restaurant has over 150 items on offer every night.
- Penn Alps in Granville is a one-of-a-kind place that serves as a restaurant, craft shop, and artisan village. Run by the local Amish community, it features homestyle buffets specializing in classics like meatloaf, fried chicken, and traditional Amish desserts.