Baltimore January 04, 2018
11 Reasons Why Baltimore Is The Most Unique City In America
There’s no denying that Charm City is one-of-a-kind and the proof is right here! Check out these 11 undeniable reasons why there’s no place like Baltimore. It just may be the most unique city in America.
1. Baltimore is full of unique attractions...
If you haven't been to the American Visionary Art Museum (pictured above), you're missing out.
2. And the quirky events and festivals are one-of-a-kind
The Baltimore Book Festival, HonFest, Baltimore Pride Parade and more keep the city full of fun.
3. Edgar Allan Poe is everywhere
You can visit the famous author's childhood home, grave site, and there are even a couple of themed restaurants that pay tribute to him.
4. Baltimore has one of the only legal graffiti spots in the US
Head to Graffiti Alley to view this colorful spot and even leave your own mark!
5. You'll never meet anyone quite like a Baltimorean
We're one-of-a-kind, that's for sure.
6. Unique architectural sites are abundant
And with so much history, the local buildings are intricate and fascinating.
7. The neighborhoods are far from ordinary
There's nothing boring about this charming view in Fells Point. Check out that cobblestone street!
8. Christmastime is like a whole other world
Where else can you find a hubcap Christmas tree?
9. One of the world's oldest markets is found here
Lexington Market really does date back to 1782. An impressive feat, indeed.
10. The National Anthem was born here
You're welcome, America.
11. There's no city with quite as much pride
Once a Baltimorean, always a Baltimorean.
What other ways do you think Baltimore is unique? Let us know below, and then read another Charm City article