Baltimore December 31, 2017
9 Things You Can Only Brag About If You’re From Baltimore
A lot of outsiders like to put Baltimore down. Sure, the city isn’t perfect but what city is? Next time someone insults Charm City, just let them know a few of these impressive facts. We’ve earned our bragging rights. 🙂
1. We have some of the best seafood in the country...
Crabs, oysters, rockfish, you name it.
2. And one of the oldest markets in the entire US.
Did you know that Lexington Market dates back to 1782?
3. Baltimore is home to the first cathedral in the US.
It's called The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (say that three times fast). You can visit to see all the little details and even take a tour.
4. A lot of celebrities have roots in Charm City.
For example, Jada Pinkett Smith was born in Baltimore and attended Baltimore School for the Arts. For a list of more Maryland celebrities,
5. The first African American Supreme Court Justice was from Baltimore, too.
That's right; Thurgood Marshall was a Baltimorean.
6. Baltimore is the birthplace of America's railroad.
And at the B & O Railroad Museum, you can still ride along the first commercial mile of railroad tracks.
7. Our NFL team is pretty impressive.
Purple pride! The Ravens won the Superbowl in 2001 and 2013. We hope to add many more dates to that list.
8. Baltimore has some of the best mom and pop restaurants around.
Head to some of Baltimore's neighborhoods and you're sure to find mouthwatering homemade food. City restaurants often rank in various lists.
9. Baltimore pride is infectious.
We may get knocked down, but we get back up again. True Baltimoreans know that there's no place like home.
What are some other impressive things about Baltimore? Why do YOU like to brag about Charm City? Let us know below.