Forest And Sea Combine To Make The Timber Point Trail One Of The Most Beautiful Hikes In Maine
Getting outside in Maine doesn’t have to mean serious trail hikes and summits. It can mean a walk, a stroll, or even just stepping outside and breathing in the fresh air. You can do all of these things throughout the state without too much travel. You just need to know where to look! We recommend you start by checking out this trail, the Timber Point Trail Biddeford Maine. It’s a beauty, and you’ll soon see why we think it’s one of the best hikes in Maine!
The Timber Point Trail in Biddeford Maine offers a combination of both forested landscape and water views. You can access it year-round and furry friends are welcome to come along. Just be sure to keep them on a leash. Learn more about other great hiking trails by checking out AllTrails.com.
Looking for other simple trails with different types of views? Check out this easy hike in Maine!
More to Explore
Best Hikes In Maine
Where are some fun, kid-friendly hikes around Maine?
Of the 1,700+ trails weaving all over the great state of Maine, more than 200 are easy and short enough for even the youngest of tykes to enjoy. For example:
- Head to Acadia National Park for a long list of kid-friendly hikes in Maine that everyone should try at least once, like the Cadillac Summit Loop Trail, which is just half a mile long, and Compass Harbor Trail, which is a little longer at 0.8 miles long but just as striking.
- While you’re there, be sure to also check out Hunters Beach Trail.
- Or, head on over to the town of Saco and enjoy the stunning Cascade Falls Trail, which is short, and simple, and rewards hikers with a photogenic waterfall.
- Other epic Maine hikes perfect for families with kids include French’s Mountain Trail, in the Kennebec Highlands, and the totally fairy tale-esque Giant’s Stairs Trail, which can be found in the Town of Harpswell.
What are the most scenic hikes in Maine?
With such a ridiculous number of hikes in Maine to choose from, how does one decide which ones they want to do? It’s pretty tough, and unfortunately, we’re not going to be of much help. Why? Because, seriously, every hike in Maine is a scenic one; this state is amazingly photogenic, and you’ll fall in love with it every time you enjoy its great outdoors.
- Some of the most famously photogenic hikes in Maine include amazing ones like just about every single one within Acadia National Park, which is called the “crown jewel of the North Atlantic coast” for a reason.
- Some of our favorite hikes within the park are the breathtaking Cadillac Mountain trails – both North and South – as well as the Jordan Pond Loop Trail.
- Honestly, any of our state and/or national Parks will do; Maine has the honor of being one of the most beautiful places in the world, after all.
- Try the Saddle Trail, which is on Mount Katahdin, Maine’s tallest mountain.
- The Abol Trail is pretty epic, too! Want some hiking ideas for the more adventurous hiker? Here are more of the best hikes in Maine.