Kansas December 08, 2015
13 Reasons Christmas In Kansas Is The Absolute Best
It’s Christmastime, and there is truly no better place to be than the Sunflower State! Why is that, you ask? Well, for starters:
1. All of our towns...
Mission Hills neighborhood.
Winter Wonderland, Lake Shawnee.
4. ...and businesses light up the night sky in fun and festive colors!
5. The Sunflower State is home to the Christmas City of the High Plains.
Visit WaKeeney for a colorful, four-block display featuring lights, trees and homemade decor.
6. Christmas stores and craft fairs and bake sales, oh my!
I know I'm a tad biased, but I happen to think that Kansas is home to some of the craftiest, most creative people in the world! See for yourself at one of the many seasonal bazaars now open throughout the state. (Pictured is the Kansas Christmas Wonderland in Russell.)
7. Kansans aren't afraid to show their Christmas spirit...
8. ...so much so, in fact, that we'll proudly wear it on our sleeve (or shirt)!
9. With a variety of different resident heritages like German...
The German Christmas Market in Leavenworth is held the first Saturday in December.
Lindsborg's Lucia Day takes place this Saturday, December 12th.
11. ...and Filipino, it's easy to explore and take part in other cultural traditions!
The Salo-Salo Christmas Feast is this Saturday, December 12th in Overland Park.
12. Every, single one of our Christmas parades is top-notch.
The 2015 Lawrence Christmas Parade (pictured) took place Saturday, December 5th.
13. Finally, the entire Sunflower State looks like a giant winter wonderland!
What do you love most about Christmas in Kansas?