Why You Definitely Should Not Be Dreading Winter In Kansas
I think it’s safe to say that most of Kansas has gotten a taste of what’s to come this winter–but don’t let the ice and cold get you down! There are plenty of things about a Kansas winter to look forward to, including:
1. First and foremost, it's basketball season!
Can I get an "Amen!?"
2. Botanica will soon like this...
3. ...all the downtown areas will be shining bright in the night sky...
4. ...and your street will be decked out in festive colors!
5. Admit it: you get as excited as the kids do over the possibility of a snow day.
After all, if that one road you've never taken in your life closes, there's no way for you to get to work! *wink*
6. The Ice at Park Place is FINALLY open!
7. Winter = prime cuddling weather.
...or just awkwardly touching, like these sassy felines.
8. CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!
There is no better place to spend the Christmas season than the Sunflower State! Check around for your town's scheduled events. (Pictured is WaKeeney, the "Christmas City of the High Plains.")
9. No other time of year can you see a sunset quite like this...
10. ...a more serene looking wonderland...
11. ...picturesque pastels...
12. ...or your kids looking so happy!
What are your favorite things about wintertime in Kansas?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.