Kansas October 02, 2015
8 Restaurants In Kansas Where Your Meal Is Free If You Can Eat It All
Do you think it’s impossible to get a FREE meal these days? Boy, are you wrong! In fact, there are plenty of restaurants right here in the Sunflower State that will gladly give you your meal*…for a price. Here are eight of those restaurants:
1. The "Ultimate Destroyer" from Papa Bob’s Bar-B-Que (Bonner Springs)
The Challenge: Devour the Destroyer (composed of 1/2 lbs. pulled pork, ham, turkey, brisket, and bbq sausage; 3 burger patties; and 1.5 pounds of fries) in 45 minutes or pay full price ($58).
2. Triple Monster Challenge at Mel's Sports Bar & Grill (Chanute)
Tame this Monster (3 1/2 lb. hamburger patties, bacon, smoked ham, jalapenos, green chili sauce, cheese, and grilled onions) in only 15 minutes and receive a free t-shirt and picture on the wall of fame!
3. The 29 Inch Pizza Challenge at Arthur's Pizza & Mexican Food (Ellis)
Earn a spot on the coveted wall of fame by finishing your 29-inch, single topping pizza in one sitting. (Don't worry, your friends can help!)
4. The Cowboy Challenge at So Long Saloon (Manhattan)
Can YOU defeat the Cowboy (a 10-layer burger with different meats, eggs, bacon, cheese, mayonnaise and 3 lbs. of french fries)?! If you do, you win a shirt!
5. The Ultimate Lerch Burger at Lerch's Bar & Grill (Parsons)
Finish the massive 3 lb. burger, 1 lb. fries and 32 oz. drink in 45 minutes and your meal is on the house!
6. The Betcha Can't Burger Challenge at Double Nickel (Olathe)
They betcha can't finish this burger (made up of 3 lbs. beef, 1 lb. chili, ham, 2 eggs, and sour cream) and 2 lbs. of french fries in 45 minutes, but we have faith in you! Oh, and if you're able to complete the challenge, you'll get both your meal comped AND a free t-shirt!
7. The Biggin' Pizza Challenge at Old Shawnee Pizza (Shawnee)
Who doesn't love FREE pizza? To get yours, all you have to do is finish a Biggin' (18 inch) pizza of your choice in one hour or less!
8. The Will Ferrell Burger Challenge at Kite's Grille and Bar (Manhattan)
Finish the massive 3 lb. burger and 1 lb. of fries in one sitting, and you get yourself a t-shirt!
*Obviously, not all of the meals are completely free; some just come with a prize/recognition.
Have you ever completed a Kansas restaurant challenge?