Kansas November 02, 2018
10 Restaurants Every Kansan Should Add To Their BBQ Bucket List
BBQ is a serious topic in Kansas, where you can debate for hours about whether you like your sauce sweet, spicy, vinegary, or any other component. Even without debating the sauce, you could go on forever about smoked and rubbed meats of all kinds, and whether burnt ends are your thing. BBQ is a great piece of our state, and every BBQ bucket list needs these Kansas locations on it.
1. Dudley's Done Right BBQ — 2402 N State St., Iola, Kansas
If you can't tell just by looking, Dudley's really does like it done right. The barbecue here is loved well, and the pit potato, 1-lb bbq wrap, and ribs are all fan favorites.
2. Smokey Racks BBQ — 1002 S Broadway St., Pittsburg, Kansas
Smokey Racks are what we like to see when it comes to barbecue, and they definitely don't let us down. Their sauce is one of my favorites, and you can't go wrong with pulled pork or the loaded spud.
3. FatBoy Heaven BBQ — 213 N. Concord St., Minneapolis, Kansas
FatBoy Heaven is one of those restaurants that you know love their customers as much as the food. You can certainly taste it in every bite.
4. Cox Brothers BBQ — 223 McCall Rd., Manhattan, Kansas
Cox Brothers BBQ is new to me, but their Big Memphis and the brisket is definitely worth a return trip.
5. Arthur Bryant's BBQ — 1702 Village W Pkwy., Kansas City, Kansas
Arthur Bryant's in KCMO is the creator of arguably one of the best barbecue sauces ever. Pick any of their meats and enjoy a historic sauce that hasn't changed since it's creation.
6. Lonnie Q's BBQ — 3150 SE 21st St., Topeka, Kansas
Lonnie Q's is another new spot on my own list, and boy, is their BBQ full of flavor. You really can't beat pulled pork or the ribs at this amazing little restaurant in Topeka.
7. Smoked Creations BBQ — 222 E Logan St., Ottawa, Kansas
Smoked Creations is a Kansas spot we've known for a while now, and their ribs are still just as good as ever. The portions for everything are large enough that you can easily take home your leftovers for another meal later.
8. Leroy's BBQ — 8998, 203 E Franklin St., Pomona, Kansas
Leroy's is a tasty spot for a bbq sandwich, especially if you love sauce. You can't beat a small town bbq restaurant in Kansas, especially when the bar is set this high.
9. All Slabbed Up BBQ — 405 Muncie Rd., Leavenworth, Kansas
We're plenty familiar with All Slabbed Up, and you'll find that their ribs and burnt ends are good enough to not need sauce at all.
10. Plank's BBQ — 912 E Fulton St., Garden City, Kansas
Plank's is lucky enough to be attached to the packing plant, and if you like your bbq a little more fatty than others, you'll find that Plank's is a fantastic place for that.
If you’re all about food, you’ll find that
this fried chicken trail only adds more to your Kansas bucket list. That is if you haven’t already tried all of them.