The Charming Small Town In Indiana That Was Named After A Beloved Holiday Icon
Tucked away in Spencer County, Indiana, is a cute little town that’s famous for one thing: its name. Okay, maybe not JUST its name, but its name definitely gives you some insight into what to expect. It’s the little town of Santa Claus, Indiana, and it’s a charming small town no matter what time of year you just so happen to visit. Sure, you can experience Christmas year-round in Santa Claus, but there’s more to it than that. Come visit this charming Christmas village in Indiana named after the holiday icon ASAP – it’s always a good time!
Warm your heart by watching this YouTube video of the town of Santa Claus Indiana.
The town is built up around three small lakes, each of which offers even more fun! Who says Santa Claus is only worth visiting in the winter? We sure don’t – it’s a delight year-round, even if it’s a little kitschy sometimes. For more adventure in this charming town, check out these attractions in Santa Claus that we recommend.
What are some of your favorite unique things to do in Indiana? Share them with us in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you!
More to Explore
Christmas Town In Indiana
What are some of the best Christmas towns in Indiana?
Santa Claus might arguably be the best Christmas town in Indiana, but we have lots of towns that are filled with holiday cheer. Here are 10 of the best Christmas towns in Indiana that you must visit:
- Shipshewana, LaGrange County
- Valparaiso, Porter County
- Fort Wayne, Allen County
- Nashville, Brown County
- Charlestown, Clark County
- Madison, Jefferson County
- Metamora, Franklin County
- French Lick, Orange County
- Richmond, Wayne County
- Carmel, Hamilton County
Be sure to read our previous article which tells you more about the best Christmas towns in Indiana.
What are the best winter attractions in Indiana?
From Christmas markets to light displays to dazzling lights and more, here are the best winter attractions in Indiana that belong on your list:
- Valparaiso's Central Park Plaza, Valparaiso
- The Ice at Carter Green, Carmel
- North Pole Train/Whitewater Valley Railroad, Connersville
- Charlestown's Christmas City, Charlestown
- Westfield In Lights, Westfield
- Perfect North Slopes, Lawrenceburg
- Turkey Run State Park, Marshall
- Veal's Ice Tree, Indianapolis
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides, Various Towns
Discover more from our previous article about the best winter attractions in Indiana.
Is there a Christmas Village in Indiana?
The short answer is yes. You can find Christmas villages in Indiana in many of our small towns. These are a few of the Christmas villages in Indiana that I recommend:
- Zionsville's Christmas in the Village, Zionsville
- Christmas City, Charlestown
- German Christmas Village: Christkindlmarkt, Carmel
Visit our website to learn more about these Christmas villages in Indiana.