The 14-Mile Scenic Drive In Hawaii You Will Want To Take As Soon As You Can
Throughout the Hawaiian Islands, you will find unsurpassed natural beauty everywhere you go. While there are some wonders that can only be seen via strenuous hiking trails or crazy expensive helicopter tours, there are others that simply require a vehicle. Even though we can’t take a traditional road trip like our friends on the mainland, the Hawaiian Islands are home to several incredibly stunning scenic roads just waiting to be discovered. And while all of these drives are stunning in their own way, today, we’re taking a look at the Waimea Canyon scenic drive, a 14-mile ride that is sure to leave you breathless.
Have you ever driven the winding road to the Grand Canyon of the Pacific? Did you know that it’s considered to be one of Hawaii’s most terrifying drives? Sound off in the comments below, then join our Hawaii Nature Lovers Facebook group to share the photos you’ve taken along the Waimea Canyon scenic drive. If haven’t experienced this drive yet, be sure to snag these top-rated binoculars while planning your trip so you can fully enjoy the incredible views.
Watch this brief video to discover Hawaii’s best beaches:
More to Explore
Waimea Canyon Scenic Drive & Related Info
What are the most picturesque hiking trails in Hawaii?
Some of the most picturesque hiking trails in Hawaii include:
- Puu Hinahina Lookout Loop – This trail is located in Kauai's Koke'e State Park and offers incredible views of the Waimea Canyon.
- Kapalua Coastal Trail – Located in Maui, you’ll enjoy the scenery of Kapalua Beach, Namalu Bay, and Oneloa Bay’s sand dunes.
- Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden – This trail on Hawaii Island takes you 1.5 miles through the beautiful botanical garden.
- Wai Koa Loop Trail – See serene lagoons, a historic dam, and a majestic mahogany forest along this five-mile trail at the Wai Koa Plantation in Kauai.
- Waimea Valley – Hike 1.5 miles out-and-back on this trail where you can also see the 45-foot Waimea Falls, an idyllic spot for a family swim in Oahu.
What are the most unique places to spend the night in Hawaii?
An adventure in Hawaii calls for an interesting place to stay overnight, and there are many options to choose from, such as:
- A treehouse cabin in Hilo, Hawaii that feels like your own slice of paradise.
- The tiny tiki house that’s the ultimate dreamscape for couples looking to disappear into nature.
- Cottages at Waimea Plantation that were built in the 1800s.
- A one-of-a-kind farmhouse set in the sprawling Hilo countryside, with epic views in every direction.
- A gorgeous handcrafted luxury home located in Volacno, Hawaii.
Get more information on these (and more) unique places to spend the night in Hawaii.