Hawaii August 29, 2015
These 13 Aerial Views In Hawaii Will Leave You Mesmerized
Viewing Hawaii from the ground is gorgeous enough, but the views from the sky will make you speechless. Why do you think helicopter tours of the Hawaiian Islands are so popular? Here are 13 shots taken from above that prove that Hawaii truly is paradise.
1) Lava flows into the ocean at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. I’m not sure I’ve seen a more beautiful, yet terrifying, sight in my life.
2) The well-known Diamond Head Crater is even more stunning viewed from the air.
3) Check out the stark contrast between the green mountains and stunning turquoise water at Maniniholo Bay.
4) Kauai has such a lush, beautiful landscape, as photographed from a helicopter. Notice the vibrant red dirt patches on the mountaintops.
5) The Big Island’s Waipio Valley isn’t nearly as imposing as it feels from ground level.
6) Haleakala Crater makes up approximately 75 percent of the island of Maui.
7) I wonder how insignificant and tiny this photographer felt while taking in this stunning view.
8) Favorite snorkeling spot Hanauma Bay, and Koko Head, which features a popular – yet grueling – 1,100 step climb.
9) Though not of the Hawaiian Islands, this photo was taken during naval exercises in 2012 in and around the islands.
10) Is there really question as to why they call Waimea Canyon the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific?”
11) An unpaved road at Kekaha Kai State Park, on the Big Island’s Kona Coast, shows us how much of Hawaii has been left undeveloped.
12) While this aerial photo shows us the other side of Hawaii… the tourist trap, the modern luxuries of city life.
13) And perhaps most stunning to experience from the sky is Kauai’s Na Pali Coast.
Do you have any cool aerial shots of Hawaii – taken from an airplane, helicopter, or even while skydiving? Share them in the comments below!