Georgia Attractions July 07, 2017
15 Ways This Small Georgia Town Will Rock Your World As Your Next Weekend Getaway
A quick weekend getaway is in order for all you Georgians, and we have the perfect place for you. Cartersville, Georgia, is not only filled with quaint Southern charm, but it also has a laundry list of exciting, adventurous, and delicious things to do. Take a look at these 15 ways Cartersville will rock your world for an exciting weekend away.
1. Visit the Tellus Science Museum.
It is easy to become completely fascinated with this natural museum of history and science. Take the whole family on an afternoon adventure they'll never forget.
2. See a show at the historic Grand Theater.
Established in the early 1900s, the historic Grand theater has been a cultural icon within the city of Cartersville. Enjoy a weekend show with the family and support the local arts!
3. Grab an ice cream cone at local hotspot Coconuts Ice Cream.
Open for almost 18 years, Coconuts Ice Cream is the place to go on a hot summer day. Grab a deliciously refreshing treat for the whole family.
4. Check out a bevy of fascinating events year round.
Downtown Cartersville always has something going on. Like the Music by the Tracks series or a vintage car show. Can't get better than warm summer nights and live music.
5. Spend the day at the Etowah Indian Mounds.
The 54-acre archaeological site is one of the most prominent features in Cartersville. This is true Georgia history at its finest. Come explore the artifacts, culture, and fascinating stories.
6. Snag a photo at one of the only Western Atlantic railroad stations left in existence.
This famed depot not only survived the Civil War, but also the fires and modernization of town to boot! Come see for yourself this little slice of history that still stands.
7. Hike to the David G. Archer Overlook at Pine Mountain Recreation Area.
Hit the Pine Mountain West Loop trail for an afternoon of exercise and nature. Once you get to the overlook, there is nothing but miles of beauty in every direction.
8. Sit down to a meal at the beautiful Moore's Gourmet Market.
Not only is the ambiance to die for, but the pricing is reasonable and the meals are out-of-this-world. Grab a burger and a beer, or a few appetizers and a glass of wine, and sit back and enjoy the sights.
9. Take an afternoon to peruse the Booth Western Art Museum.
One of the more popular attractions in Cartersville, this is the only museum of it's type in the southeastern United States. At 120,000 square feet of space, come see the history of our beautiful country.
10. Catch a stunning sunset from anywhere in town.
There are plenty of opportunities to catch a gorgeous sunset throughout the town of Cartersville. Just make sure you have your camera handy when you do!
11. See the animals at Pettit Creek Farms.
If you visit Pettit Creek Farms during the right time of year, you'll be able to pick your own pumpkins, take a hayride tour, and see a few farm adorably cute animals.
12. Visit the historically awesome Cooper's Furnace.
Cooper's Furnace is one of the last remaining pieces of the once-flourishing town of Etowah. Learn the history behind this giant natural oven and enjoy miles of hiking around you.
13. Spend a few hours cooling off at Terminus Wake Park.
For the adventurers in our family, Terminus Wake Park allows you to try wake boarding while being pulled around the lake on cables. Perfect for wakeboarder of all ages--newbies to expert-level.
14. Enjoy the stunning scenery at the Sweet Gum Trail at Red Top Mountain State Park.
Red Top Mountain State Park is a scenic dream, as well as a nature-lovers paradise. Enjoy the sights and sounds from the best of what Georgia has to offer.
15. Step back in history at The Memorials of Allatoona Pass.
The Allatoona Battle was a historic moment in Georgia's history. Visit The Memorials and learn a bit more about these important grounds, while also enjoying the scenery, too.
Have you been to Cartersville before? Share with us some of your favorite parts! Otherwise, if you’re ready for other exciting Georgia adventures, take a look at
13 Out Of This World Summer Day Trips To Take In Georgia.