Watch The Georgia Mountains Whirl By On This Unforgettable Christmas Train
Every year, places throughout Georgia come alive in the spirit of the holidays. Winter truly is a magical time in the Peach State, whether it’s holiday lights displayed around homes and businesses, or the ability to dine inside your very own private igloo. In case you’re looking for more family-friendly holiday events to enjoy, we have one that will surely rival them all: A Polar Express in Georgia that shouldn’t be missed! All aboard this Georgia Christmas train brought to you by Pine Mountain Gold Museum. It’s among the best Christmas train rides in Georgia.
See what it’s like to ride on this festive train:
Have you been on this Georgia Christmas train at Pine Mountain Gold Museum before? Share with us your thoughts about the experience in the comments section! Or, if you’re looking for more information about this holiday train, including how to purchase tickets, check out the Pine Mountain website or visit Pine Mountain Gold Museum on Facebook for information on this year’s train! If you’d like to do the driving, go on a road trip to some of Georgia’s best Christmas lights.
More to Explore
Holiday Festivities in Georgia
What are the most festive Christmas towns in Georgia?
The most festive Christmas towns in Georgia include:
- Helen. This town is already full of German culture and decor and it really comes alive during the holidays.
- Gainesville. This small town decks out its Main Street with lights and wreaths and has events light Swim With Santa and the Annual Christmas Festival Concerts.
- Dahlonega. This little town has lit-up trees all over the town and its annual Old Fashioned Christmas event shouldn’t be missed.
- Blue Ridge. The Blue Ridge Scenic Railway has a Polar Express train that you should put on your bucket list.
Discover more about the most festive Christmas towns in Georgia.
What are the best winter festivals in Georgia?
The best winter festivals in Georgia include:
- Christmas Jubilee. The people of Woodstock put on an annual parade with amazing floats and there’s lots of delicious food.
- Ugly Sweater Run. Every year in Atlanta locals get together and run a race in the silliest and ugliest holiday sweaters they can find.
- Hometown Holiday Christmas Celebration. This festival in Tifton includes ice skating, carnival rides, zip lining, and more.
- Dublin Christkindlmarket. This German holiday festival includes amazing food and drink and brings the community together.
Find out more about the best winter festivals in Georgia.
What are the most magical Christmas light displays in Georgia?
The most magical Christmas light displays in Georgia include:
- Garden Lights. Atlanta Botanical Garden becomes a magical wonderland with light displays like Orchestral Orbs and Radiant Rainforest.
- Fantasy in Lights. Every year, Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain lights up the trees with over 8 million sparking lights.
- Enchanted Garden of Lights. Rock City has one of the largest and most spectacular holiday light displays in the state.
- Six Flags Holiday in the Park. Imagine riding rollercoasters and getting an amazing view of the whole park lit up with multicolored lights.
Learn more about the most magical Christmas light displays in Georgia.