15 More Undeniable Reasons Why Everyone Should Love Florida
This is a continuation of a post I did a while ago, which you can find
here. It covers a lot of the more common reasons, like sunshine and Disney World, that I’m sure you’ll notice are missing from this list. I’ll keep posting these once in a while until I run out of reasons (if I ever do).
1. A view like this can change your day. A view like this every day can change your life.
St. Pete Beach
2. There are dozens of breathtaking parks that don't have the word "theme" in front of them.
Rainbow Springs State Park
3. We have real mermaids (and manatees).
Weeki Wachee Springs State Park
4. Old Florida had cowboys before the Old West did. Some places still do.
5. We have the most beautiful natural swimming holes.
Ichetucknee Springs State Park
6. Would these adorn your lawn in any other state?
7. We have people, places and things you won't find anywhere else.
The Key Deer is a tiny deer about the size of a large dog found only in the lower Keys.
8. This is an acceptable Christmas tree.
9. And this could be our Santa Claus.
Big Pine Key
10. If you lived here, this could be your college campus.
Flagler College, St. Augustine
11. Boiled peanuts are underrated.
12. You can be outside year-round if you so choose.
13. Even the Amish vacation here.
Photo: Siesta Key Beach (the Amish community is called Pinecrest, and it's near Sarasota.)
14. We have the only living coral barrier reef in the continental US.
Sombrero Reef, Florida Keys
15. Some brilliant people chose to have homes here (Hemingway, Edison and Ford, for example).
Hemingway Home and Museum, Key West
16. There's natural beauty at every turn.
17. We know we do things differently, and we like it this way. We don't really care if you don't.
Bay Area Renaissance Festival in Tampa
Please share your favorite reasons to love Florida with us below.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.