Florida February 14, 2016
20 Reasons Why Florida Is The BEST State
Since yesterday was Valentine’s Day and all, we figured we’d make a little valentine to our favorite state. Roses are red, violets are blue. Here’s why we love Florida, and you should, too:
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
1. From the Panhandle in the north...
Pictured: Pensacola Beach.
2. ...to our Southernmost Point...
Pictured: Dry Tortugas National Park, Key West.
3. ...and everywhere in between, our state is full of natural and man-made beauty.
Pictured: Bok Tower Gardens, Lake Wales.
4. You're never far from some of the best seafood on the planet.
Like Apalachicola oysters and Florida stone crab.
5. Or the world's best grocery store.
6. Ditto for the perfect piece of Key lime pie.
And literally anything else Key-lime related.
7. Florida is home to the only living coral reef in the continental United States.
As well as some pretty incredible artificial reefs, like sunken USS Oriskany.
8. We also lay claim to the oldest city in the country.
St. Augustine is the oldest continuously occupied European-founded settlement in the contiguous U.S. (but it's so much easier just to say the nation's oldest city).
9. Our state is rich in culture and history.
Pictured: Ybor City, Tampa.
10. Not to mention, you can find the best Cuban sandwich of your life here.
Especially in Miami, Tampa or Key West.
11. Who doesn't love fresh-squeezed Florida orange juice?
12. Or a dip in a crystal clear spring?
Pictured: Ichetucknee Springs.
13. How about a stroll under the shade of majestic moss-covered oaks?
Pictured: Eden Gardens State Park.
14. We can't forget about the most magical place on Earth...
Pictured: Walt Disney World.
15. Or possibly the weirdest.
Pictured: Key West.
16. Cinderella's Castle isn't even the coolest one we have.
Coral Castle in Homestead and Solomon's Castle in Ona are completely one of a kind.
17. If you get caught in the rain, just wait 10 minutes.
And hey, at least there's no snow.
18. There's always something new to explore...
Pictured: Edward Medard Regional Park in Plant City.
19. And plenty of ways to relax.
Pictured: Jetty Park Beach, Cape Canaveral.
20. Yep, Florida is home to a lot of amazing things...
But the best thing it's home to is you.
That’s why we love Florida. What do you love most about our state? Please leave your comments below!