The Oldest Restaurant In Florida's Cortez Village Is A Culinary Masterpiece
Seafood places in Florida seem to come and go. Some don’t last a year, while others continued to be beloved for decades. For anyone who has visited Cortez Village, the historic fishing village along the Gulf Coast, you might already know about this beloved seafood spot that has withstood the test of time. Star Fish Company in Florida has been around for many years, making it the oldest restaurant in Florida’s Cortez Village. Who’s ready to feast on the best seafood in Florida?
If you want more Florida restaurants, make sure to sign up for our weekly dining newsletter. Every Thursday, a new eatery to try in the Sunshine State will be delivered straight to your email. Yum!
Get a closer look at the Star Fish Company in Florida:
Have you ever been to Florida’s Cortez Village before? Did you happen to stop and have a meal at Star Fish Company in Florida? Share with us your experience in the comments section. Or if you want more information about this historic restaurant, including current hours of operation, then check out the Star Fish Company.
More to Explore
The Best Food In Florida
What are the best waterfront restaurants in Florida?
The best waterfront restaurants in Florida include:
- Caribbean Jack’s. Come here for ocean views, tasty food, and a lively and fun atmosphere with live music.
- The Rusty Pelican Restaurant. Located in Miami, this famous restaurant is a local favorite and has amazing fresh seafood.
- Cafe Dufrain. This Tampa restaurant makes its food from organic local produce and the views are as good as the food.
- Le Tub Saloon. This was once a gas station and is now a very popular spot for eating delicious burgers and watching the boats go by.
Find out more about the best waterfront restaurants in Florida.
What are the most iconic foods in Florida?
The most iconic foods in Florida include:
- Key Lime Pie. This pie is synonymous with Florida and the best of it can be found in Key West where it is in almost every restaurant.
- Florida Stone Crab. Usually presented chilled with a mustard dipping sauce, this crab tastes much like lobster.
- Apalachicola Oysters. These are named after the little seaside town that is next to the harvesting area for these huge and delicious oysters.
- Orange Juice. We’ve all heard of Florida orange juice and it’s best when you can get it freshly squeezed.
Discover more about the most iconic foods in Florida.
What are the best bucket list restaurants in Florida?
The best bucket list restaurants in Florida include:
- Versailles. This is one of the best places to go to get amazing Cuban cuisine. It’s a local favorite and has huge portions and low prices.
- Frenchy’s Cafe. This local iconic restaurant has been a Florida staple for quite some time and is known for comforting Florida-style diner food.
- Stachel’s Pizza. Only Florida would have a restaurant with great pizza and a salvage yard shop with funky items made from junk.
- Blue Heaven. If you go to Key West, you’ve got to come here where the food is amazing and you’re surrounded by art, cats, and chickens.
Learn more about the best bucket list restaurants in Florida.